Death Metal review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Death Metal

This pedal is awesome for a really heavy distortion. But a major downside of it is that it can't put out a quality light distortion like the Hot Rod can. I'm not expecting "Death Metal" to produce anything less than that though, so just approach it with the name in mind. For a while, there was a clicking sound when the strings were muted, but that went away in a couple weeks. There is a little bit of a learning curve in figuring out how to mess with the knobs to get a tone that you want, but the Encyclopedia of Tone that comes with it can help. If you have a modeling amp, (I use a Vox Valvetronix 100w) be sure that you set it to the cleanest setting, or major feedback problems can result.

If you like a wide variety of distortion, add this pedal to your collection. I wish I had bought a true effect pedal rather than a distortion pedal, but I can't blame the Death Metal for that. This is the first pedal I have bought, and I will definitely buy from DigiTech in the future.

This pedal is built rock solid. Apart from physical damage (paint chipping, etc.) I seriously think this would still work if you dropped it of off 2 or 3 story building. Along with the rubber grip on the bottom, it is heavy enough to not slide around when you stomp on it.

Pretty self explanatory, "input" is where you plug the cable going from the guitar to, "amp" is where you plug the amp into. Make sure you unplug it from the guitar when you're done (you can leave it plugged into the amp) or the battery will die over night.