Death Metal review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Death Metal

Purchased from: Marguerites Music

I am using this with a earlier model B\.C\. Rich Bronze Warlock through a 30 watt Peavey amp. The amp is a P.O.S. but it works. I still think it sounds amazing. Everyone that has heard me play say that they think the distortion effect is amazing on this pedal. I can get the sound of my favorite artists if I tweak it just right. Zao, Lamb Of God, Demon Hunter, As I Lay Dying, etc.

I play mainly metalcore, some hard rock and hardcore too. This pedal basically works for anything that I want to play. I have been playing for about 1 1/2 years. the only other pedals I have played with are a Fab Metal distortion and a Bad Dog Distortion. If it was stolen or lost I would def. buy it again. IMO it is an all around good pedal.

This pedal is built like a tank. I wouldn't be afraid to drop it on solid concrete. I would definately use it w/o a backup. The only thing is that the battery dies fast so getting the adapter definately is a plus for anyone Who plays a greater part of the day.

Easy to use. I had a crappy Fab Metal pedal before this that was hard to get a good sound out of. The manual is pretty straight foreward. You basically don't need to read the manual. Just plug it in and play. It is easy to adjust. The battery is really easy to change too. Just push in the little buttons on the side of the pedal with a guitar jack and pop the pedal off and change the battery.

LD_Luke D
    i have this pedal i run it through an esp-mh-50 and a fender frontman 15g it sounds amazing when the amp is set to clean but when the overdrive is on and the distortion it sounds like crap., but it is very durable.
    Slaytanic1993
    I have a Boss MetalZone, but I originally had this pedal. And, I must say, they are equal...The Boss gets more punch, but the Death metal has shitloads of gain boost to it...which is awesome and it has a great bass end and level...anyways, I'd give it 9.3...even though I love my Boss pedal.
    FischmungaXTR
    This pedal is pretty good when used with the free amps you get in guitar starter packs, especially at low volume. Great black metal tone when mic'd from a distance. BUT once you get a decent amp you will regret buying this pedal as it doesnt actually sound very good.
    rocktag
    i have one and its aright...im not too impressed. the distortion on my amp is just as good
    DarkLordArthur
    hey, i was wondering; which one is better, the boss metalcore (ml-2) or the digitech death metal?
    muffman1283
    this pedal is ok if you have a small practice amp and dont turn it up that loud. If you have a band and are running this through a cab this pedal has a week signal, sounds real muddy, and makes all kinds of buzzing feedback....i have this pedal but i recently got the boss metal zone mt-2 and it is sooo much better.
    Captain Edd
    This pedal is insane! ive never heard such an extreme sound in all my life, unfortinatly, it gives a fair bit of feedback which is frustrating. also (though this may be because im cheap) i believe it runs down battries way way to fast!
    Multiplayerjon
    THIS PEDAL IS MY FAVORITE Tip to all People: If you have a Vox Wah-wah Pedal turn on your Death metal and the Wah and turn of your guitar... go slowly up and down to get a desert Wind Effect! VERY VERY COOL!
    Saffron_Inferno
    so is this pedal better than a boss mt-2 metalzone?coz daz da pedal i hav and im thinking of upgrading to this one