Death Metal review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Death Metal

I use this pedal with my Schecter C-1 Elite (2006) Guitar, and a B-52 ST-6012. This pedal is extremely noisy when you are not using it, and if you even turn the level up over three, it just goes insane with the fuzz and feedback. The sound is very over the top, they weren't kidding when they said it was the most extreme distortion pedal. If you do power chords alot, then this pedal is for you because it makes them sound as thick a a 72oz steak. You can really play any type of metal with this pedal, I can get anywhere from Black Sabbath's 'Masters of Reality' to Dying Fetus' 'Destroy the Opposition'. It is not the best for soloing though, because it makes the notes sound to sharp, and frankly hurts the ears.

I play all metal from 80's Glam to Grindcore, and this pedal suits me well. This would be a good first pedal, but don't rely on it to get all your sounds, it would be good to have one or two others. I personally use a Boss Metal Zone MT-2 and a Super Overdrive SD-1 to get other sounds, but I play a variety of music ranging from all metal, to blues, to Jazz, to even classical. I have been playing 2 and a half years, and I can say that if you don't have a lot of money and want an over the top pedal, run down to your local music store and get this right now.

This baby is heavy, and extremely durable. My friend hit mine with a metal baseball bat a few times, and it didn't even dint it, and it still sounds the same. If I was at a gig, I would definitely use it without a backup. The only drawback is that it eats batteries very fast, within a few days. Get an adapter of some sort, because you will really need it.

Very easy to use. I the manual is good to use if you have no clue where to start to get your distortions. It would be a good idea to use the manual's settings at first and just tweak them to get the sound you want, otherwise you may be blasted with serious feedback. It has four knobs, Level, Low, Mid, and High. Very easy to figure out how to use, and it also has 2 outs, one for a mixer, and one for an amp. Only one input though.

DiMeTiMe
    ^the Death Metal and the Metal Zone are the two worst distortion pedals. Seriously, they have horrendous tone -thin, buzzy, and painful to listen to. NO.
    marianoarnaiz
    I OWN THIS BEAST AND IM NOT GOING TO SAID IS THE BEST OR SAY IT SUCK. I MUST ADMIT IS AN UNTAMEBLE BEAST WITH KICK ASS TONE (IF YOU CAN ADJUST IT TO YOUR NEEDS) AND ICREDIBLE SUSTAIN, BUT IT MAKE MORE NOISE THAT MY MOM SCREAMING AT ME TOO SHUT MY GUITAR DOWN LOL. MAYBE RUN TROUGHT A GOOD NOISE GATE WILL DO THE TRICK. FROM ME THIS PEDAL GETS 8.5/10