Death Metal review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Death Metal

Like I said before, I'm using an ESP EX50, through a Marshall MG100DFX, and it sounds brilliant. I will admit, it does buzz a little when I crank it, but aslong as your quick enough with your volume control during breaks, you'll be rate! No matter what settings you feed into the pedal, it always sounds sick. It just depends on what you play. I play stuff like The Classic Struggle and Born Of Osiris, and this pedal can give me a sound similar to there's, but still unique.

This pedal can stand up to the constant abuse I give it with playing some proper heavy stuff, and it always seems to sound good. I've been playing for 7 years, before I brought this I had a Line 6 Uber Metal pedal. The DM pedal might seem like it's distortion is OTT for the pussies amongst you all, and if you feel that way, I would recomend you look into the Line 6 uber metal. it's a little more expensive, but it's built like a brick shit house. It's not as distorted as the DM. If someone robbed my DM pedal, I'd either buy another one, or hunt them down and get it back. Overall it's a match made in heaven for guitarists like me. If you don't play the heaviest of heavy, simply don't think twice about buying this pedal. Look into the less agressive distortions available from DigiTech, or the L6 Uber Metal, if you wanna get a beasty sound but you don't quite dig how heavy the DM is.

This pedal seems like it's definately built to last, but when I lifted the footswitch bit and had a butchers at the inside, the actual Switch is surrounded by plastic, and I'm not too sure about jumping on it. It definately feels like it'd last a fair beating, and it comes with a 6 year warranty, so DigiTech must be fairly confident that it'll take a decent beating and still sound shit hot. I'd use it at a gig without backup for sure. Aslong as you take a decent amount of batteries with you, you'll be fine.

This pedal is so easy to use, my grandma could probably manage to get sounding like Michael Amott with it. Despite what a lot of reviews have said, it plays f--kin brilliantly loud. I play it through a Marshall MG100DFX, and I play Hardcore/Metal. It does actually offer a bit more brutality than the distprtion I can get through my MG100. The Pedal comes with a manual that generally bigs the pedal up and gives you a few presets that are ok, but I recommend f--king the manual off and finding something sick for yourself.

underoath0902
    Ease of Use: First of all I didn't buy this. I played it long enough to know that it was a piece of shit. there's no distortion knob so you are stuck with heavy heavy Death Metal distortion forever. The low, middle, and high knobs don't do anything other than change the tone at an unnoticable amount. It is very easy to use though, because you don't have to do anything other than set the volume 'cause there's no use tweaking the other knobs, this pedal only has one sound. // 10 Sound: This is the perfect distortion pedal, if you like distortion with so much gain and so little life that it sounds like a digital cow getting raped. The sound is digital, feedbacky, and retarted. Yes, it is noisy and there's nothing you can do about it because you can't control the pedal's gain at all. I played it with a Epiphone Zack Wylde guitar and a Marshall TSL. Again there is only one sound: super Death Metal that sounds like cow getting raped. If you are not human and like the sound of a cow getting raped, then get this! // 2 Reliability & Durability: I wouldn't even bring it to a gig because I wouldnt've bought it in the first place, it's way to heavy to be lugging around, and it sounds like pure shit. No musician who wants a good tone will rely on this at all. I can't write anymore on this topic because I didn't buy it. But it weighed a lot for such a small pedal, a lot more than the Boss Mega Distortion (better than this too). // 2 Impression: I already told you, don't even look at this anymore unless you like the sound of cows getting raped (maybe you like animal masturbation music, I don't know). If it was stolen, I'd find the thief and tell him he has no sense of tone. My favorite feature is that it works perfectly in movies where cows get raped. If you're not gonna save up and get a new amp, get the Boss Mega distortion which still isn't as good as a good amp but is a lot better than this. I also have a review on the Boss Mega Distortion. // 3
    jerk.
    marianoarnaiz
    After spending more time with it i have found that some how it must have been created for a strat with active pickups. It response awsomely to my fender strat (AWSOME TONE AND SUSTAIN). If i run my Schecter Hellraiser (W EMG Active 81/85) theres no noise but the tone gets too dark for my taste. My and is a solid state Peavy transtube Studio, I run the pedal in the clean channel and it makes it scream even in volume 1. Havent tried it beyond the 5 frontier. Also it runs great into a chorus, but my cry baby wah is not exactly for it
    roarinflames
    g graas wrote: well i was thinkin about getting a distortion pedal and i like to play like MEGADETH and METALLICA stuff my only question is this pedal good for that kinda stuff
    no its not hetfield uses amp ditortion or a tube screamer try the boss mt-2 cause digitech death metal is garbage