Death Metal review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Death Metal

Price paid: C$ 70

Purchased from: Long And Mquade

I use an Epiphone lp-100 and an old 90s Dean Markley amp with it. The pedal can get pretty dam noisy if you crank the level knob all the way so if your planning on using this at cranked setting you should use an isp discriminator with it. With it you can pull of some decent Cannibal Corpse tones and Deicide.

I play lots of Death Metal so it fits me nicely. I've been playing for since 2003 and I use a LP-100 and an old 90s Dean Markley amp. If it was stolen or lost I would probably buy another one, depends how much they cost nowadays. What I love about it is how the distortion sounds and what I hate about it is that when it's cranked up it gets very noisy and static. I wish it had a built in detuner because it would go along with Death Metal perfectly.

I have had mine for probably two years and so far I haven't had any problems with it except the battery usually runs out fast so I use an AC adapter. I would totally gig with it without a backup. It is really dependable and I've even dropped it down a flight of stars with minimal damage done to it.

It was very easy to use. It works like a basic pedal, just plug your guitar into the pedal, plug your pedal into the amp and then your ready to go. It comes with a tiny manual but after all, the pedal is simple to use. It has 4 knobs: level, low, mid, and high so it is very easy to use.