Death Metal review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Death Metal

Purchased from: guitar center

The sound is gut-rippiing to say the least, and versitile to you can get anywere from sludge tones(acid bath, saint vitus, candlemass, etc)to more modern metal(pantera, bleeding through, Slayer)and if done correctly some nice blusey bends r possible. Altough I can't get a Slipknot tone out of it. Compared to my Boss metal zone I like this a lot better, but with active pickups it gets pretty noisey, mainly feedback but still. also another note this is not a lead pedal the high notes are way to bright I recomed a top boost or some type of Overdrive for lead tones.

Well the pedal is a good match mainly cause I play metal(man who would've guessed) but I also like playing classic rock, blues, gore-grinad, grind-core, pop-punk, and plain old punk.oh and a lot of Death Metal. Now for the most part it sounds pretty good with the Death Metal pedal.now I am playing this with my sg and my Epiphone futura custom and my amp is a Line 6 spider 3 but I also own a Fender frontman. If it were stolon I would buy another one or a EHX metal muff.

Yes you can depend on this it is built like a tank. Would use it without a back up but would bring batteris just in case.just so you know it is a all metal case housing with recesed knobs so you don't hit them on accident. Belive me that comes in handy when you got size 12 feet.

Ease of use, extremly easy 4 knobs and that's it. The manual was nice but I didn't use it had been playing this at my local guitar center so much I aready knew what it could do. Although nice to know that the murderdolls use DigiTech. now the knobs are volume, low, mid, and high so as you can read it is extremly easy to use, if you don't know hoe to use it ur a complete idiot. then again I also am running this through a Line 6 spider 3.

SickFromCyanide
    BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSSBOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 BOSS MT-2 MT-2
    guitarfreak222
    underoath0902 wrote: Ease of Use: First of all I didn't buy this. I played it long enough to know that it was a piece of shit. there's no distortion knob so you are stuck with heavy heavy Death Metal distortion forever. The low, middle, and high knobs don't do anything other than change the tone at an unnoticable amount. It is very easy to use though, because you don't have to do anything other than set the volume 'cause there's no use tweaking the other knobs, this pedal only has one sound. // 10 Sound: This is the perfect distortion pedal, if you like distortion with so much gain and so little life that it sounds like a digital cow getting raped. The sound is digital, feedbacky, and retarted. Yes, it is noisy and there's nothing you can do about it because you can't control the pedal's gain at all. I played it with a Epiphone Zack Wylde guitar and a Marshall TSL. Again there is only one sound: super Death Metal that sounds like cow getting raped. If you are not human and like the sound of a cow getting raped, then get this! // 2 Reliability & Durability: I wouldn't even bring it to a gig because I wouldnt've bought it in the first place, it's way to heavy to be lugging around, and it sounds like pure shit. No musician who wants a good tone will rely on this at all. I can't write anymore on this topic because I didn't buy it. But it weighed a lot for such a small pedal, a lot more than the Boss Mega Distortion (better than this too). // 2 Impression: I already told you, don't even look at this anymore unless you like the sound of cows getting raped (maybe you like animal masturbation music, I don't know). If it was stolen, I'd find the thief and tell him he has no sense of tone. My favorite feature is that it works perfectly in movies where cows get raped. If you're not gonna save up and get a new amp, get the Boss Mega distortion which still isn't as good as a good amp but is a lot better than this. I also have a review on the Boss Mega Distortion. // 3 jerk.
    nahh It's true. I bought this pedal and after one use of it, I got a refund.. This is horrific, utterly terrible.. Boss MT - 2 is the best.
    MUSICFIEND21
    this pedal sounds amazing withe active pickups but gets relly bad feedback,like squier strat oh look i turn the gain up all the way feedback
    DeftRed
    If any of yous like Muse,try playing Muse riffs with this deathmetal pedal. I swear,it sounds like muse,try playing plug in Baby with the neck pick ups
    MUSICFIEND21
    look i had a mt-2 and hated it. i wasted like 30$ in batteries,and i just didn't like the sound.now the death metal pedal is a starter pedal for poeple who don't know what they r doing.but it is still a decent pedal.
    D Gates
    to be honest i didn't like this pedal too much. the sound was very bad or at least for me it was, and plus it eats up batteries like crazy.
    MUSICFIEND21
    dude i get like 10-20 hours outta this thing. and i play a min of 3 hours a day.
    EpiExplorer
    Eh, the only reason people dont like it is because they're stupid enough to forget to turn off the gain on their amp. THATS when the distortion gets too much. other than that, theres enough crunch to make Special K look like yoghurt