Death Metal review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Death Metal

Price paid: A$ 130

Purchased from: The Music Den

I use it with my Ibanez EGEN18 and sometimes a Jackson and I run it through a 70W Laney LG35R. It can be extremely fuzzy if not on the right settings but some players like that sound. This pedal is great for getting Metallica, Trivium, COB, Bullet For My Vallentine sounds and when mixed with a good delay pedal you can get great Vai and Satriani sounds.

I obviously play a fair bit of metal and this guitar suits it perfectly. It is also great for solo guitarists like Vai, Satch and a little bit of Malmsteen. I have been playing for 3 years and I also own a Boss DD-7 dealay, Boss P-10 V-Wah, DigiTech Whammy 2 and a DigiTech Jamman Loop Station. If it were stolen or lost I would look into buying it again but other distortion pedals such as the Ibanez Jemini and Boss DS-1 would compete with it. I love the tone it gives when mixed with delay but at times it can become a bit of a fuzzy box.

It is fairly durable like most stomp boxes and I have not have any problems with the reliabilty or durability of this product yet. I have owned it 13 months. I would use at a gig without a backup but I usually switch between this and some other distortion pedals so I normally have a few more with me.

This pedal is not very versatile but delivers a great sound for heavy, thrash and Death Metal, of course. It is very basic, simple and very easy to use. It features a Level, Low, Mid and High knobs. The manual that is included with this product is pretty explanitory.

evil_shananigan
    I myself play a B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock with a 4X12 Marshall stack in combination with this pedal. As for the settings on the pedal I got the level turned to 4 the low to 9 the mid to 6 and the high to 7. So far I'm finding it's giving me a beefy and chunky tone that no other pedal has given me so far.