Death Metal review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Death Metal

The pedal sounds extremely heavy. It is basically a giant wall of distortion. The sound is somewhat similar to that of a Mesa Dual Rectifier with the gain turned all the way up. The sound is perfect for songs within the range of The Thing That Should Not Be (Metallica)to Hammer Smashed Face(Cannibal Corpse). Without a noise gate the pedal is very noisy but what can you expect from such a high gain pedal?

The pedal is perfect for metal musicians on a budget that want sound as heavy as can be. Combined with a pedal of less gain you will have a very versatile sound if you get this pedal. I would definitely recommend you the pedal if you are looking for an extreme metal sound.

I have not played gigs with the pedal but from what I can tell it seems to be built tough. I have had it for several years and it has not had any problems unlike some of my other (newer) pedals I have had. If I was going to tour I would definitely use this pedal without any worries.

The pedal offers plenty of control over sound with the three band EQ. If you already know how to get a good metal sound you should not have any problems. If you don't know how DigiTech also provides a pamphlet with some basic tones you can achieve with the EQ. The only bad thing is it lacks a gain control, although you can still adjust the amount of distortion with your guitars volume control.

rob904
    had it, sold it when i had enough to afford some pedals that will give me the same amount of gain without raping my tone
    ePOWsa
    I like it, can be a bit noisy at times, but not bad. If you want something heavy all the time, I'd go with this. It just screams. I love mine.