Death Metal review by DigiTech

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
DigiTech: Death Metal

Price paid: C$ 75

Purchased from: London Guitar Shop (Ontario)

I have nothing but a Squier Strat and an SP-10 amp. It does NOT have a gain OR midrange knob, WHICH CAUSES EVEN MORE CONFUSION AND FRUSTRATION. Also, I've noticed that the tone constantly decreases, EVEN WITH FRESH NEW BATTERY. P.S. I can't afford anything additional so if you have any ideas that would be great.

I play mostly Metal and Punk but I can't tell if it's a good fit until I get some ideas to maintain good tone. Again, I only have an SP-10 and a Strat and I'm forced to play this crap for 3 years. I wish I could ask, "What else should I get along with it to give off some support to it. If someone stole it I would get that pedal again but I wish I could afford a Schecter Damien Elite FR in Metallic Blue and a tube amp rather than a lousy Strat. The EMGs on the Damien gives out a whole whack of Torque you'll need. The pedal is the deadliest one there is, meaning that it should fit all kinds of playing style. I also wish it MAINTAINS the fresh guitar tone because I often notice it fading.

The pedal DOES have good features but because of constant tone decreases I won't be able to rely on it until I get some more equipment to maintain good tone. I just wish I had complete different gear to tell if it's good. I can't believe I need all THAT, DEFINATELY A RIP-OFF INDEED.

The knobs kinda speak for itself, the gain is already set to 11, but more fiddling is needed to get that high tone sound you're after, which causes more confusion and difficulty to get that specific tone. This pedal ONLY WORKS IF YOU KNOW WHAT SETTING WORKS BEST. Still it doesn't provide enough Torque.

Hashquatch
    this pedal is amazing for drop tuned stuff and good for standard tuning. i play technical deathcore and this pedal gets the job done. i dont ****ing play a squire value pack, i play an esp ec-50 with emgs through a silvertone amp. ive played through a line 6 spider III and the built in distortion blows, well that amp just blows lol.it is amazing pedal buy it!
    ShimmyShimmy wrote: this pedal blows...if you have a nice amp it will have good built in distortion and there is really no need for a pedal like this. but if you are stuck with a squier starter pack like most of the people posting on here, then it is probably a gift from heaven.