Death Metal review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Death Metal

Purchased from: GVM

I ran this pedal though my Dean Razor back explosion and a Laney Lx65D amp. For me there was some noise being generated from the pedal when nothing is being played, just deactivate the pedal when there is long silence and it is fine. Having a distortion pedal and not being able to control the gain on it kind of gets my hair up but I suppose that's the point of this pedal, you not going to be using it for anything else but hard metal (duuuh it is called Death Metal for a reason O_o). the distortion on the pedal isn't great. Somebody mentioned it sounds like bees in a jar and they are very right. It hasn't got that impact (if you know what I mean) I need. The distortion is faaaar from the best. Getting a sound like you fav metal bands (just not as good) isn't that hard to get. Definitely a buzz saw...meh.

I mostly play music like All that remains, As I lay dying, cradle ect and the pedal works for it to a degree. Been playing for a few years so I'm fussy about what works for me so that's why I don't really like this pedal much for distortion. Rather spend more money and get a better pedal that is capable of delivering. Don't get me wrong it is good but not great. Suppose if you just messing around or haven't been playing for long this pedal will do it for you but that's just it...more of a juvenile pedal. I would rather go for the Boss metal zone if you want something in a similar price range and sounds better. I wouldn't replace it if it got stolen. I would rather spend extra and get a decent pedal. All in all...I'd give this pedal a 7 maaaaybe an 8 if I'm in a good mood ^_^ But wouldn't really recommend it if you want seriously good distortion or been playing for a few years.

The pedal is rock solid....well like heavy metal solid (^_^ mind the pun). Must be pretty hard to damage (Well I didn't really want to test throwing it around the house and riding over it O_o). Very dependable pedal I say. Battery won't last long (same with probably all pedals) so buy the power adapter without hesitation. If.....and if I had to gig with this pedal I wouldn't really think about bringing a back up. This is a good pedal and doubt it will break soon.

This pedal is very easy to use and the use of the manual isn't required (although it does give a few recommended settings that you could use). Doubt you can get get any easier O_o Getting the sound you want just takes some playing time with the eq but that's the case with every pedal I suppose. All in all very simple to use and set up. Unwrap it and plug it in ^_^

ChaserHUN
    dirtfoot
    ChaserHUN wrote: I heard this pedal, and i sucks. Too scooped sounding, fuzzy. Even a beta aivin ds-100 is better than this. But is someone wants great metal tones get a high gain tube amp like peavey. Tube distortion is way better than a distrotion pedal.
    This pedal isn't for the tube-purist-dime a dozen blues wankin'U2, falloutboy fanboys. Pedals are for the enlightened. Let the tube purist be hogtied as they watch helplessly while I eviscerate their wives and daughters of their cervix.
    eddiedeets
    i hated it at first because i had a bunch of buzzing on it, so i went back to return it to the place i bought it, they helped me figure out why and it was because i used a battery, i just advise to make sure u use a power adapter and not a battery... and if you use battery's lol u might as well buy boxes of them because i put a brand new battery in there and the next day when i went to go play it was already dead :/