Death Metal review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Death Metal

Purchased from: Thomanns

I use this pedal with all of my guitars its just that good. Obviously its going to be noisy as the gain is insane. However the buzz differs between different guitars as is to be expected. The only time the sound ever cuts out on me is when I turn it off. If I turn the gain on my amp down(this is on the clean setting I wouldnt dare use it on distortion channel) I can get a really good Trivium tone which is great as they play a big part in the way I play.

If you're a heavy metal guitarist you Need this pedal in your armory. Even though its called the Death Metal its capable of so much more. If this pedal was stolen I would buy another one within the hour I just cant live without it. I love how aggressive it can be and yet how beautiful it can sound with the neck pickup and tone turned down slightly on the guitar. I also have a DigiTech HotHead distortion pedal and the death metal rips it apart. The only thing I wish it came with is a 9volt adapter as its so easy to forget about it and leave the leads plugged in only to come back a day later and find the battery is dead.

This is a solid piece of kit. Seriously, be careful around the bedroom in just socks. I have performed live with it and its never let me down but I must stress never gig without a backup. I would take other distortion pedals live because the death metal will do one thing and one thing only: Serious massive epic gain! and not every song needs that much gain.

This pedal is so simple to use its unreal. It doesn't even have a gain knob. It has a knob for each frequency range: low, mid and high. It has a output level knob. The manual is just as simple. To be honest if you need a manual to work this pedal then its obvious that you're a complete idiot!

GodxEatxGod
    i got this about a year ago for $15, one of the best $15 i ever spent, its got good deep dark distortion on it and does it's job well. i have really no complaints due to the price i paid but hey you get what you pay for 50 is not that much for a pedal. I play it through a Crate GT1200H and its better than the distortion on the amp. If your looking for a heavy deep distortion that's durable and easy to use look no further.