DF-7 Distortion Factory review by DigiTech

DigiTech: DF-7 Distortion Factory

Purchased from: Phil's Music

I use a Fender 1969 Telecaster Thinline re-issue with noiseless pickups with a vintage crate amp and the sound is absolutely delicious. Even with the heavy metal settings it isn't noisy at all, and I use a Telecaster, a guitar not known for its distortion tolerance. The effects themselves are great, the only one thats kinda weak is the Ibanez setting, but that' because it's a weak pedal anyway. I know that I can get the sound of my favorite bands but I would challenge anybody to see if there is a sound that they can't get with this pedal, it is that good!

I play all kinds of music and I can mimic pretty much any sound out there. Even though I don't really play metal, the metal settings on here are fabluous. If my pedal were stolen, not only would I get a new one, but I would hunt down the dirty punk who stole my precious pedal too! I love everything about it, especially the fact that there are seven pedals molded into one. The thing is, these settings for the different pedals are very accurate, they sound just like the real pedals. I've compared a few of them and I can't tell a difference. The only thing I wish it had would be an adapter. But overall, this pedal is friggin awesome. If you want distortion, look no further than this pedal.

I can certainly depend on this pedal, it's made out of steel. The only thing is that it doesn't come with an AC adapter, so you have to just use batteries, which I don't really trust, because those run out quickly. I would probably gig it with a backup just because I'm paranoid like that.

I got this pedal just a few days ago and I am already in love with it! There is so much variety in this pedal that I can get pretty much any sound I want out of it. There are seven different settings whose sounds are modeled after several different models, like the Ibanez TS-9, Boss DS-1, and the DigiTech Heavy Metal among others. It's very easy to get great sounds, just turn the knob and voila, you have pretty much a brand new pedal with every turn. It comes with a manual, but it doesn't really tell you how to get certain sounds like other manuals do, but that's OK because I've pretty much figured it out. The cool thing about this pedal is that you can customize the different models by using the different knobs it has. It has a high, low, mid, med freq., gain, and level settings.