DF-7 Distortion Factory review by DigiTech

DigiTech: DF-7 Distortion Factory

I have a Les Paul Junior with a SD Invader pickup and a Traynor YCV40 amp. This pedal gave my amp the edge it so dearly needed. I only find mild feedback when the pedal is used when the amp is on it's Dirty channel, but I never use it on the dirty channel so it makes no difference. The effects are great, I know personally the DS-1 setting is just like having the real Boss pedal, I can't speak for the other settings but I'm sure there bang on too. With 7 different modes based on very popular pedals, I don't think you can't recreate your favourite artists distortion, this pedal will make your small amp sounds like your playing through a huge Mesa stack for example.

Again, you wont find a more versitile pedal out there, it has such a great varity of sounds it's perfect for distortion freaks like me. This pedal is the one and only reason I havn't sold my amp for something bigger, I wont' have to anymore, the sound I want is there. If it's stolen I'd replace it within minutes, I can't play without it. I think the best thing about this pedal is the way it's built to take a beating and is so user friendly, probably the thing I hated the most was the rather high price tag, but theres more expensive pedals out there so I shouldn't complain.

Built solid, no doubt, solid steel with a rubber base and pedal surface this thing is going nowhere. It has a really cool carbon fibre looking paint job and with the AC adapter this thing isn't going to fail you.

To quote a terrible infomercial, "Set It And Forget It." Honestly, it shouldn't take long for you to find the right mix of low, mid, and highs once you get the hang of it. This pedal actually offers a whole lot of settings, you get your 7 difference modes, all based on excellent pedals (Ibanes TS-9, DOD Overdrive/Preamp 250, Boss DS-1, Pro Co Rat, Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, DigiTech Metal Master, and finally Electro-Harmonix Big Muff) plus you can set the low, mid, high, level, mid frequency and the gain for each of the 7 modes. I find once you set those they work very well for each of the 7 modes, really no need to change them everytime. If you care my personal faves are the DS-1, MT-2 and the Metal Master settings, but thats just me. The manual came with good baseline settings for each mode but those can be improved upon.