DF-7 Distortion Factory review by DigiTech

DigiTech: DF-7 Distortion Factory

Purchased from: Tabs

I am running it through a Ibanez RG370, and the sound is awesome! I play all from classic rock to punk to metal and this pedal has got it all. The models are modelled after the best distortion pedals of all time and almost all of the models sounds like the original units.

The overall impression is fabolous. The sound is mean and there is a low noise rate unless you have the Metal Zone preset and turn gain and high at 11. Almost the perfect pedal. I have been using it for a half year now and I'm not gonna switch to another dist. pedal. Absolutely recommended! You might wanna buy an ac adaptor in case the power leaders breaks off.

It is made of carbon, which makes it dureable and strong. It has got a rubber base underneath which pretends against marks and slippery floor. It is great, but one day I was removing the battery, the battery ripped of the power leaders, which means I can't use batteries any more. I'm using a ac adaptor now, and it's fine with that.

This pedal is easy to understand and it will not take long time to find out how to us the level, low, mid, mid freq, high and gain knobs to get the sound that suits you. The pedal features 7 of the best distortion pedals of all time. You can play almost all kinds of music with this single pedal!

the.spine.surfs
    But you don't get as wide a range of sounds. There's a reason they call this a "distortion factory". I've played around with one, and it's monsterously versatile. That being said, the tones are slightly...digital, but don't worry about that unless you can hear the differance between mahagony and basswood.
    zerowing
    could use a noise gate...haha but thats my opinion good pedal in anycase it does have a wide range of sounds, seven models but you can tweak those with bass, mid, mid freq, and high equalizer. the metal models dont really need tweaking, just leave it to the preset and you're fine the others require a bit of playing around to get the right sound
    da\/e
    holy shit ! rock on ive found my heaven in a box. i need this bastard . ive got a digitech grunge pedle(rocks if you like nirvana)but this looks awesome i need a more metal pedal.