DF-7 Distortion Factory review by DigiTech

DigiTech: DF-7 Distortion Factory

Purchased from: music 123

I use my Epiphone Les Paul Special 2 and a Vox DA15 amp with this. As some of you may know, the DA15 has many effects already on the amp itself, but when you use the Distortion Factory with this amp, for some reason it cancels out all of the effects on the amp, so it sounds the exact same as it would on all clean settings. I can get the sound of so many artists with this, from classic rock, to alternative, to metal, which is definitely awesome!

I usually play classic and modern styles of rock. Sometimes metal and alternative. This pedal would fit the needs of any musician, beginner, or professional. If this effects went missing, I would without hesitation, go out and buy another one. I wish that I could use some of the effects on my DA15 with it, but with the exception of the, this is a perfect effect pedal.

I have used this effect in so many gigs, and it has never let me down even once, which is amazing, since I've had it for over 3 years, with countless gigs a year. It has never ceased to amaze me at all, and I'm still finding out new sounds with this. This has to be the most dependable effect pedal that I own.

This has to be the best distortion pedal that DigiTech has created. It has the sounds from such famous guitar effects as the Ibanez TS-9, Boss DS-1, Electro-Harmonix Big Muff, Digi-Tech Metal Master, the Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, and a few more. Another awesome feature is the capability to control your own equalizer, which adds an edge to all of the distortion models. The manual that comes with it doesn't spell out exactly how to use the pedal, but you can pretty much figure that out on your own, it's extremely easy just to get going.

Rizzif
    Abyssal and metallicax, the metal muff and the mt-2 sound can be pulled out of this pedal, I own one for a while now, and I have to say, it makes all the sounds a metal/rock/alternative/blues guitar player would ever need.
    C_majzer
    I own one of these. for me, I mostly use the TS-9 setting w/ the gain all the way down to boost/eq/color my main distortion: xmm Metal Master, the result: super Heavy metal! or just a simple mellow great blues tone w/ out the XMM. translated: I can not only get every sound out of it, but also switch from sound to sound very quickly! the DF-7 even has setting were you can hold the pedal down for a few seconds & the LED light flashes you can switch from one distortion to the next! by just steping on it twice!