DF-7 Distortion Factory review by DigiTech

DigiTech: DF-7 Distortion Factory

Purchased from: Fazio's Music: Frets And Friends

Right now, I'm running an Ibanez RG 5EX 1 through this pedal, and this pedal has increased my sustain 3 times more than it used to be on a normal amp. I mainly run the pedal to my computer, because I really do not have a good amp at the moment, so it takes away from the sound of the pedal. It's a bit noisy when you leave your guitar volume up, or the footswitch down. You can just twist your volume down or turn the pedal off when you're not playing to eliminate noise. The effects are all very great. I can't really get close to much of the bands I listen to(Children Of Bodom, Arch Enemy, Pantera, Slayer, etc). I suppose the setting I like best is closest to CoB and Arch Enemy.

I play all kinds of metal, some punk, a lot of rock and this pedal covers all three perfectly. I've been playing for a year and a half but I practice as much as humanly possible. I can play a vast majority of Pantera songs, a few of the solos included. I can play a few Arch Enemy solos, also, I'll just leave that as is. I have no regrets about buying this pedal. I am almost 100% satisfied, once I get the power adapter, I will be fully happy with it. If it were lost or stolen, I'd definetely save and buy another. My least favorite feature is the 9 volt. I know all pedals run on them, but this baby drains them in under a day, even if you're not using the damn thing. I had it sitting at home after I bought it, and when I got home from school it was dead. Just a tad bit annoying. Overall, I think this pedal is going to be in my set-up for many years, and I think it will last the time without problems.

This pedal is extremely well built. I could definetely drop this in a speeding car and it would be operational. Now, if I ran over it, I don't think it would wistand that. Haha, well that's common sense. It's made out of metal, so it's not the lightest pedal out there. If I had the power cable, I would use it at a gig. The 9 volts are just too much of a hassle to have to replace it over, and over. Especially if it dies during a song, you're screwed.

Very easy to get a good sound out of it, I like all of the distortion pre-sets, but 5 really strikes a chord for me. Everything about it is easy to figure out, you can get so many differnet tones just by chaning one of the knobs, and so many more by fiddling with all of them. The manual pretty much told you anything you could figure out by looking at it, except one thing. To get to the 9 volt battery, you have to press in two side pins to lift off the foot switch. It wasn't apparant to me at first, but the associate at Fazio's told me about it and I also read it in the manual. You might need a small pen or a key to get the pins all the way in.