DF-7 Distortion Factory review by DigiTech

DigiTech: DF-7 Distortion Factory

I'm using the pedal through my Mexican Fender Telecaster and my Fender Frontman 15G. Since I have only practiced in my house, my amps on a low volume but the sound is still lound even in between 1&2 on the amp and level full on the pedal so it would get noisy if I turn my amp up. The distortion models are: the Ibanez TS-9, DOD Overdrive/Preamp 250, Boss DS-1 Distortion, Pro Cat Rat, Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, DigiTech Metal Master, and Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi. I have found that some of the distortion models are quite similiar apart from a couple. I find that I can get my favourite guitarist, Slash, sound quite well when I get it to the right settings.

I mostly play music of the style of Guns N' Roses as they are my favourite band. I find that this pedal really gives me that tone I need for songs by them. I have been playing for 2 years and I own a Fender Squier Affinity Strat, my DigiTech Distortion Factory, Fender Frontman 15G and my most recent Mexican Fender Telecaster. If it were stolen/lost I'd probably get it but maybe along with a different pedal (a Dunlop SW-95 Crybaby Slash Wah perhaps; ]). I love the fact that it has 7 different models as it is exactly just like having 7 pedals in one. It'd might be useful to have 2 of these just to use 2 of the models at once.

I find that the pedal is very reliable and has a lot of durability. It's been knocked around and all I've seen is a bit of weathering on the corners. I wouldn't trust it on a battery as it does not last too long so I would use a 9 volt adapter instead. I'd use it on a gig without a backup as long as I have my adapter.

This pedal is quite a great pedal in my opinion. Along with the instructions on how to use the pedal, it comes with DigiTech's full guide to all of their pedals and settings. To get a good sound out of it is up to the user, but it is very easy to get a sound out of it whether good or bad. There were no editing patches mentioned at all when I read the manual. I found the manual incredibly useful to me as this was my first pedal. It told you which each knob did, how to connect this to your guitar and amp. I haven't upgraded mine and I don't see a need too.

AnxietyAngel
    PyroPlegic wrote: i'm a beginner looking for a good distortion pedal...can anyone give me any advice on what to get?
    U Should Get This Pedal, Theres So Many Sounds U Can Get With Just This One Little Pedal!
    AnxietyAngel
    Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get A Sound Like Metallica's First Three Albums...Anyone...Please!
    billytalentROKS
    i have this pedal and it worked for the first couple of days but now i can play it for up to 40 seconds before each battery dies.
    AustinSG
    this is the greatest distortion pedal ever made so versitile. great sound. especially through marshall jcm 900 and gibson sg
    joshgiesbrecht
    I traded the DigiTech "Death Metal" pedal for this one... This one was $50 more.. But I don't regret a thing.. This pedal is amazing. Each different distortion is great.. All the different distortion pedals in this sound VERY official. I am very impressed with it and do NOT regret spending the extra money.. If I lost this.. I wouldn't hesitate to get another one!!! GET THIS PEDAL.. If you love Blues, Metal, Classic Rock/Metal.. even grunge.. Get this pedal!!!