DF-7 Distortion Factory review by DigiTech

DigiTech: DF-7 Distortion Factory

Currently, I am using this pedal with a Schecter Tempest Custom and a Fender frontman 15W amp. This pedal makes everything sound good. No joke. You can literally play something out of a mel bay book and this will help the chord, arpeggio, scale, or whatever your doing sound that much more intense. With this pedal, I am able to play "Hey Jude" to "Enlightened By The Cold" and "Stairway to Heaven" to "Scream Aim Fire". The only extreme noisy buzz comes from the EH Big Muff Pi, when the gain knob is very high, but is easily fixable with a tweak.

I play every style of music, and I mean, every kind of genre. This pedal suits literally every style of music. My main genre to play is metal, rock, and emo, so having 2 different metal-designed distortion models inside this stompbox gives me incredible versatility to shred. Originally, I was going to get The Weapon, because I'm a huge dan donegan fan, but I am GLAD that I had gotten this instead becasue of the INCREDIBLE versatility. Had this been stolen or lost, I would immediately buy a new one, no exceptions what'soever. My favorite feature is that it has all sorts of editing features for every pedal, that it gives it even more versatility than the original stompboxes! The only thing I reccomend is to buy a PS-200R power supply, because this Burns through battery. Overall, i love my DF-7!

I dropped this from 2 stories on solid concrete because my friend doesn't know how to catch. Anyways, no sratch, no dink or dent, and I plugged it back in and it played like new. The only problem with using this in a gig would be that it would be diffecult to change the tone or model of distortion in between the song because of changing the knobs (if your doing it by yourself). But if you have a favorite tone or model that you would use throughout the gig or the song to change the presets.

First of all, this is easily my favorite pedal because of how easy it is to use and because of the great sounds you get out of it. Each of the 7 models has it's own distinct tone, and you can eaaily find the right amount of distortion to play anything. Although, it has 6 knobs for editing, and one little movement can make a big tone difference. that's also a positive though.