DF-7 Distortion Factory review by DigiTech

• Reviewer's score: 6.5 Neat
DigiTech: DF-7 Distortion Factory

When talking about sound, the DF7 is pretty versatile, and you can find a lot of different set-ups that can satisfy your wills, so I'll just go on each one. Model No.1: A very soft Overdrive with minimal gain, it's not bad, but I didn't find myself using it a lot. Model No.2: A heavier Overdrive, it's pretty cool and I used it a lot for Bluesy stuff. Model No.3: A pretty good distortion, great for cool riffs and is one of my favorites. I used it for playing songs like Symphony of Destruction (Megadeth) and Killing In the Name (Rage Against The Machine). Model No.4: Pretty useless. It's like you took an amplifier and put it behind a wall. I never use it. Model No.5: The heaviest of all, a very good distortion and personally my favorite model out of the 7, I use it for all the heaviest songs I like. Even though it's the heaviest, it still didn't satisfy me, and I wish it could get heavier, but overall it's pretty nice. Model No.6: A "different" kind of distortion, I use it for songs like Knights of Cydonia (Muse) and Fuel (Metallica), but overall it's just a secondary distortion for me. Model No.7: A softer version of 'Model No. 5', didn't really get the point of it, that's why I don't use it a lot, but it can be useful in a very few situations.

The DF7 is overall an average pedal I give a B grade, and is made for people Who look for a quantity more than quality. You can get a lot of great sounds with it and make a lot of differences by playing with the right knobs as I said above, but I am currently looking for something that will satisfy my needs, because it didn't get as heavy as I expected it to be.

I have this pedal for about 2 monthes now, and I already have a problem with the pedal: it sometimes doesn't want to turn on when I press the pedal, and it takes me about 20 tries till it decides to turn on. Since that problem occured, I know I woulnd't depend on it, and I'd definitely bring a backup with me.

The Distortion Factory is pretty easy to get a good sound of, but it really depends on what sound you are looking for, since there are 7 different models Who pretty much offer 7 different worlds. It took me about 2 days to get the sound that was near what I was looking for, but after you get it right it's very easy to control and you'll know what knobs make the differences. The manual is also pretty helpful, it offers a small number of set-ups you could use to get the exact sound of the effect that the pedal's certain model tries to imitate.