Digital Delay review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Digital Delay

Purchased from: Matchetts Music

I use it with an Ibanez RG-470 through a Marshall AVT100 amp. The sound is good. Every so often it sounds a little "digital," but this can't really be helped, as it is a Digital Delay pedal. As I said, the reverse delay sounds particularly cool, and all the delay effects are pretty good. I compared it to both a Boss DD3 and DD6 when I was buying, and this sounded as good, and it was cheaper than the DD3, despite having almost as good features as the DD6.

Very good, and good value too. It has most of the delays you're going to need! If it were stolen, I would definately consider buying another, but I would want to try its rivals too to compare them!

It got dropped once, and the mode button came apart slightly, but it's only superficial damage; it doesn't affect the working of the pedal. I haven't used it to gig yet, but I think it's sturdy enough (its case is metal), although the buttons are a little fiddly. Still, pretty good. It does eat batteries, though a DC adaptor is pretty much a necessity.

It's not overly easy to use, but then I doubt any delay pedal is. DigiTech give some sample settings on their website. It has lots of features, including a backwards delay, which sounds pretty cool, and tap tempo is handy to have. There are 4 seconds of delay overall, and there's a loop function that lets the pedal play back up to about 4 seconds of a riff/lead you record. There are 7 modes overall: the first 3 govern varying lengths of delay (1-250ms, 250-1000ms, and 1-4 seconds), mode 4 is tape delay, mode 5 is modulated delay (like a chorus mixed with the delay), mode 6 is the much-ballyhooed (I like frasier, ok? I don't really talk like this) reverse delay, and 7 is the aforementioned loop function. Not bad - once you get the hang of it, it's ok.

poodlehat67
    I got this pedal a few months ago and I really like it. The review is completely right, you pretty much need a power supply. This pedal is really heavy, too; it weighs as much as two boss pedals. Great delay.