Digital Delay review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Digital Delay

I play an Epiphone Dot and my amp is an 80w solid state marshall, the delay effect is so strong with the delay level on full, gives the guitar sound from The Editors and U2, I turn the distortion up full on a clean channel and I do get a noisy tone but that's what I go for, if you don't like that you can turn the delay level down on the pedal and you wont have that problem at all, like I said the loop is tricky to get my head around and I never use it live because its too risky for my liking.

Its great for post punk/U2 atmospheric kind of sounds, I bought it december 2010 and its complately changed my bands sound and it really brings out your creative side if your into writing your own music, don't bother with batteries for this pedal you'll just get annoyed with it go for the power cable. If I lost this pedal I would have to buy another one I wouldn't even try any other types I love this pedal's sound and I wouldn't exchange it for any other pedal.

I now have a 9v power cable to power this pedal as the battery input broke, to put the battery in you need to take the top on the pedal off its a very impractical place for it to go, one of my band members has the DigiTech Bad Monkey and he had the same problem and now has to use a power cable too. To be honest, compare to the Bad Monkeythis pedal drains batteries so fast anyway your better off having a 9v cable, I learned that the hard way playing a gig it was a nightmare, but if you have a cable then there is no problems with this pedal its a sturdy little thing.

Honestly I originally bought this product just to play sweet disposition by Tempor Trap, I took it out the box with no instructions (they were not included because I bought it second hand) and I got the sound I was looking for within 10 minutes, it is very simple to use and I use this similar tone to Gig, however there are some settings such as the mod delay and the loop that I can't get my head around without an instruction manual.