Digital Delay review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Digital Delay

Sounds very clean not noisy, you can notice it's on and obviously it's going to make your sound more digital, but isn't that the point of getting a digital delay? My favorite sounds are the tape echo and the longer digital ones, especially the one that adds chorus. And the loop is useful for doing spacy intros.

I'm able to reproduce any delay sound I want with this and several I don't need, all easily unlike most delays found in multi-effects that are much harder to set the time. Here it's just a twist of a knob. In general I can't think of much this pedal is lacking at all. It's simple, sounds good and fulfills the delay sound very well.

It seems as sturdy as any Boss pedal, which means it can pretty much stand nuclear war. Never had one of those break on me and I don't see why this would. For playing live this would be perfect, except I'd try to do that with a power supply since the battery doesn't last very long at all. I'm discounting slightly for the battery issue, although it's not this particular pedal. That goes for any delay stompbox.

It's pretty easy to use, that is for a delay pedal, which can be a little tricky if you don't have experience. I'm able to get all the sounds I want out of it. It has 7 delay types, most of which I don't use. But all are done well. Simple in that it has the standard 3 knobs a delay pedal should have (time, level and repeats)plus one to select the delay type. One of those types is a loop, that allows you to record 4 seconds of delay and play over it as a separate instrument.