Digital Multi Voice Chorus Review

manufacturer: DigiTech date: 06/06/2005 category: Guitar Effects

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

DigiTech: Digital Multi Voice Chorus
With DigiTech's exclusive Multi-Voicing technology, this new Multi-Chorus pedal allows users to morph through a broad range of voices, resulting in a unlimited supply of lush multi-voice sounds.
 Ease of Use: 8
 8.5
 7.5
 3,786
reviews (2) 2 comments vote for this gear:
Digital Multi Voice Chorus Reviewed by: metalmastodon, on june 06, 2005

Ease of Use: It is very easy to get a good sound of it. They are good. It come with no manual. No, I bought it used and I know that it has not been upgraded. // 8

Sound: I use it with my Danelectro Distortion pedal, a Washburn X-Series Pro, on my Randall R20 amp. The chorus goes great with any type of distrotion or clean. The effects to me are always strong and noticable. I can get the sound of Vevet Revolver's Slither. // 10

Reliability & Durability: It is very dependable I bought mine used and it had been droped and and all messed up and it still works just like the one out the box. I always have a backup in my gigs just incase. // 10

Overall Impression: I play hard rock and it fits great with my GnR covers I do. I've been playing for 1 1/2 years but my band does a lot of my friends partys so we're consantly learning songs. I also own a Danelectro Black Licorice pedal, a Epiphone Special 2, and a Crate 10 watt practice amp. I wished I had asked where to put the battery I had to take it to Guitar Center and have the guy show me how to do it. I would diffenently buy it again even though it would cost more then what I paid for it used put its a great pedal. I love the sound. I don't like the fact that takes forever to find the sound you want. The voice control is my favorite feature. // 8

Digital Multi Voice Chorus Reviewed by: Dave_Mc, on june 06, 2005

Purchased from: Matchetts Music

Ease of Use: It's very easy to use. It has 4 buttons: level (the volume of the unit), speed (the speed at which it oscillates), depth (how wide the oscillations/detunings are) and voice. The voice control is this pedal's secret weapon, it can have from 1 to 16 voices, i.e. it can sound like there are between one and sixteen other people playing with you. The manual is good, and you can get sample settings from the DigiTech website. // 8

Sound: Sounds pretty good. You can get a very nice lush chorus sound from it that makes clean parts sparkle. It can get a little noisy when used with Overdrive, and can sound a little digital, but overall it's a good pedal. I mostly use chorus for clean playing anyway. And the voice control is a nice feature; I haven't seen that feature on many other chorus pedals. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I haven't gigged with it, and I've had no problems. I admit that's not much of a test though. The buttons look a little fiddly though. // 8

Overall Impression: I use it with an Ibanez RG470 through a Marshall AVT100 amp. It does what it says on the tin gives you a nice lush chorus, and the voice control is a nice touch. It's just a pity it sounds a little digital with Overdrive. Still, it's pretty good. I also must add I got a very good price on it. I don't think I'd have payed list price on it (89) considering you could get a Boss Chorus pedal for about 50-55. Also, it does eat batteries, you pretty much need a DC adaptor for it. Overall, though, I still like this pedal. // 8

Comments