DigiVerb review by DigiTech

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
DigiTech: DigiVerb

Purchased from: Sze Chan

The ease of use of the DigiTech XDV DigiVerb is REALLY easy. There are four knobs, 1st Knob: "Level" increases or decreases the amount of reverb, 2nd Knob: "Tone" controls the amount of bass & treble which I particularly like, 3rd Knob: "Decay" is used to prolong the sound of the reverb and the 4th Knob: "Type" Obviously is the preset reverbs that you want. A beginner wanting to play with reverbs will find this the most suitable reverb pedal ever. The DigiTech XDV DigiVerb is best used in conjunction with a delay.

The sound is amazing for a 59USD reverb pedal. It responds well to both single-coils and humbuckers. There are seven different reverb types available: Room, Plate, Hall, Church, Gated, Reverse, and Spring. Honestly the only reverb type I personally dislike is the "Room" type. It has no effect none whatsoever even if the Digitech XDV DigiVerb is switched on. The "Hall" type is perfect for lead tones especially for those hard rock players. The "Church" type is pretty obvious of how it's going to sound like. You'll get that ominous feeling whenever you're using the "Church" type. All in all the sound is good.

I can't quite say that the DigiTech XDV DigiVerb has a very long lasting durability because it tends to get easily scratched and since it's a stompbox, the mechanic spring is just stiff as heck. You'll really need to stomp as hard as you possibly can SOMETIMES. I will say that the reliability rate for the DigiTech XDV DigiVerb is 4.5 out of 10. You'll never want to play this with a battery if you're on a gig or in events. It's better to play it with an adapter. Will it last? Maybe not in the long run but it can still provide you the sound qualities that most players find it charming.

I used the DigiTech XDV DigiVerb whenever I play in churches. The reason why I chose the DigiTech XDV DigiVerb is because it comes with presets that suit almost any reverb related music. Churches LOVE long reverbs in all of their songs especially in today's modern churches. Their music relies on reverbs. I've even seen bass guitarists using the DigiTech XDV DigiVerb. For me the overall impression it has and the price I paid for is fairly good. I would totally recommend the DigiTech XDV DigiVerb for a beginner and intermediate players.