Eric Clapton Crossroads review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Eric Clapton Crossroads

Purchased from: Guitar Center Online

I use this with my modded Gemni-PA-700 system, and it sounds perfect. When I tried this with my Frontman, the sound was harsh and not very good. I know that this pedal is acually supposed to be in an effects loop, but I have no amp with one, so I lucked out on that. The only noisy effect is the Derek and the Dominoes setting, and the Crossroads setting, but those are high gain effects, so that is expected. None of the effects are weak, but some are a little off. The Woman Tone setting can easily be reached with an Overdrive pedal, but it is a little better than any other. The most popular setting for me is the Badge Setting and the Unplugged setting. The Unplugged setting acually sounds more pleasing than my REAL acoustic. The Badge setting sounds like a Shin-Ei Univibe because it's goal is the same as the Univibe. Both are made to replicate a leslie organ speaker.

I play blues mostly, which sounds great with the any setting with reverb, and I've been playing for 5 years, and I play it through my Gemni and my Mexistrat. I would definately buy another one if this was lost or stolen. I love that it has a carrying case and I hate that I had to wait so long to get it. I compared it's Overdrive tones with my Fuzz Face, and these tones are perfect. I normally use the Fuzz Face to boost during solos. I wish it had the tone from the Beano Album, very very very very very badly!

I can easily depend on this, and I would definately gig with it without a beackup, as I already have. I used it in my school christmas concert to play Happy Xmas by John Lennon. I also play in Jazz Band, and I use the Reptile setting and the Badge setting.It is built like a sherman tank, like most DigiTech pedals. No problems there.

This pedal gets it's tones adequately and there is nothing wrong with any of the tones. The manual explains that all the tones are achived at the 12 o clock position, which is not exactly right. There is a volume knob, two control knobs, and an effect knob. The knobs are fine, and do not need to be greased, unlike the pedals I've ordered in the past from Boss.

RGshred88
    [quote]ok i was drunk... this pedal is nice but it ain't as good as the death metal pedal by digitech/quote] ...thats like comparing an acoustic with a shred guitar....
    Jacx
    I own this pedal, its a nice change of tone and if your gonna just go to a jam session its extremely good. Its not supposed to be focused on deathmetal or screamin blues, its made so you have a huge variety of sounds that are similar (which are very close) to Eric Claptons sound. Alot of times though you need a strat cause it all in all comes down to the hardware of the guitar. Its a great pedal for anyone who wants a wide variety of sound.
    Thefallofman
    Hey man, Digitech doesn't suck all the time. The Bad Monkey and Hardwire pedals are excellent.