Eric Clapton Crossroads review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Eric Clapton Crossroads

Since I'm an amatuer guitar player, I only have a basic Peavey 15 watt amp. Even through this small amp, the pedal sounds great! I have played a Stratocaster and a Tony Iommi SG through the pedal, two guitars clapton was known for, and they sound just like the Original records. I also usually play with the level at about 9 o'clock and both control knobs all the way up. Each model never ceases to amaze me. The only model I'm not too keen on is the Acoustic one, since it is very bassy and is kinda tough to work that problem out. I can play anything from Zeppelin to Kyuss to Pink Floyd to Metallica with this pedal, especially on Model 4. Overall distortion settings on it are very good. They're thick when you want them to be thick, and can be very dry and crunchy as well.

Since I play most types of rock like hard 70's, metal, Grunge, punk and british 60's and blues, this pedal certainly gets the job done and does it well. I've been playing about 3 years and am self taught. If I got this stolen, I would definatley buy it again! It's basically like an expensive processor that can perform many sounds, but put into a nice compact super-pedal. I absolutely love this pedal, and the only other pedals I'll need besides this is a wah pedal. The only thing that gets me is the Acoustic setting but besides that, this edal is amazing. My favorite feature is the 4th model. Like I said, overall, I love this and I certainly reccomend it to anyone looking for a nice, versitale, cheap multi process pedal.

Since the pedal is nice and hard with very good construction to it, I can definatley depend on this pedal. Since it's so versatile, I pretty much don't need a backup. The only thing this pedal cant't do is a wah or a flange but other than that, you really don't need too many other pedals when you have this one. Also, a nice thing about it is that the bottom of the pedal has a kind of rubber coating which stops it from sliding around and does a good job of keeping it in one place.

This is a pretty simple pedal. It has 4 knobs across the top of the pedal. From left to right, we have a Level knob, which essentially controls the volume of each effect. Two Control knobs, numbered respectively. And finally there's a 7 setting Model knob, which lets you select one of the 7 signature Clapton tones that this pedal provides you. The first setting is the famous Woman Tone from Sunshine of Your Love, second is a nice blusey tone, modeled after Crossroads. Third is a rotating speaker sort of vibrato effect modeled after the bridge part of the song Badge. Fourth is my favorite setting, a surprisingly heavy tone from Layla with Derek & the Dominoes. Fifth is a nice Overdrive like setting from the song Lay Down Sall. Sixth is a very nice but bassy Acoustic simulator setting. Finally, Seventh is a softer tone from the song Reptile, modeled after a Gibson L-5 jazz guitar. Basically, models 1, 2, 4 and 5 are pretty good for heavier songs and blues while 3, 6 and 7 are more suitable for softer rock songs. Really easy pedal for just about any kind of rock you plan on playing.

Maddog77
    BOTTOM line if you love Clapton then you'll love this pedal. Just add a WAH to the mix and you'll be rockin. BTW if you crank no2 setting with a humbucker you can get close to the Bluesbreaker Beano sound.
    Tuff Gong
    I have this pedal for about a year now,and it works great with my Fender.It has all the Claptonish sound that I need(if I use those CNTRL 1 and 2 knobs at 12 o'clock position) plus I can make my own sounds.