EX7 Expression Factory review by DigiTech

DigiTech: EX7 Expression Factory

I am currently running this pedal through my Schecter C1 Elite and my Marshall MG100DFX. I am also using the pedals clean set up and turning the distortion on my Marshall, which gives it a very thick and heavy sound. On the EX7, there are 7 effects. You have the Dunlop wah, the Vox wah, the synthesizer, the whammy, the univibe, the rotary speaker and the flanger. I'm gonna go ahead and review all of these effects: Dunlop Crybaby Wah - this effect is pretty decent on the pedal, except for the Wah footpedal gets kinda squeaky. This sounds great with a lot of distortion I think, especially if you wanna play Zakk Wylde stuff, Metallica and Guns N' Roses stuff. You can also use the clean mode to sound like Rage Against The Machine. Vox Wah - this effect sounds a lot like the Crybaby, but not as intense with distortion. For this pedal you can play this like Steve Vai and Jimi Hendrix. This pedal is mainly for clean tones. DigiTech XP300 Synthesizer - this effect is probably the effect I use the least on the pedal, just because it is slow and gives a wierd tone. This is a good pedal for an intense Intro to a rock song. Whammy - I love using this effect because it is so versatile. I love using this pedal to play Rage Against The Machine songs, and I finally got the tone to match Tom Morrello's. Great Effect. Univibe - this effect gives off a pretty original tone, which I like. I'm not really sure what kind of things to play with this pedal, but if the song is boring you can sure liven it up with this effect. Rotary Speaker - this one sounds a lot like the uni-vibe, but I have never used this effect on an amp with more than one speaker so ill have to get back to you on this. Flanger - of course, a multi-effect pedal wouldnt be complete without the Flanger. This gives out a very nice tone, and you can control the rotations from really slow to really fast, this pedal is good for pretty much any song with a Flange.

This is the first multi-effect pedal I have ever bought, and it keeps me busy, I have never been bored with this pedal. I have been playing for about 2 years and I thought it was about time to get one of these babies, and I was reccomended by Guitar Center to pick one up. I love pretty much all the effects on the pedal, they are all unique and original. The only negative thing I would say about the pedal is that it's hard to turn off and on, and switch from clean to distortion. The pedal kicks ass, that's pretty much my overall impression!

This pedal is pretty reliable, I have never used it on a gig, but I will eventually. I havent had a problem with it other than the squekyness, which can be fixed by some oil or something.

For the EX7, it's really easy to get a good and decent sound out of the pedal, but it is sort of confusing at first. I've had this pedal and only had to use the manual for the first couple of days that I've had it. Although, it is pretty tough to get the pedal to switch from clean mode to distortion model, you practically have to pound on it with your foot.

nunolonzanida
    you really need a hard pound so you can switch on the pedal, thats bad news for skinny boys like me!
    krumpled
    digitech released a pedal to switch distortion/FX from on to off, im not sure about the price though. Its on their website if you want to check it out