EX7 Expression Factory review by DigiTech

DigiTech: EX7 Expression Factory

I ran this pedal through a Roland Cube 20XL amplifier with a Squier Bullet strat. The pedal can be extremely noisy if you turn the distortion models on. You MUST HAVE A NOISE GATE OR YOUR NEIGHBORS WILL BEAT YOU OVER THE HEAD. There is so much hum going through the amp, you won't believe it. The expression effect models are not weak, but the distortion models are not that great considering the amount of versatility in the adjustable parameters for the distortion models. You can get the sounds of your favorite artists with the tweak of a few knobs. The Clyde McCoy allows you to play Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and even some Skillet. The modulation effects work very well, I absolutely love the flanger and the space station models as well as the Wah effects. They both fit my style of playing very well. I don't use the distortion models because they are too noisy without the noise gate. The threshold has to be up all the way to make sure things go well.

I play a lot of Christian alternative metal and I absolutely love this pedal's features. I can get the Clyde McCoy Wah fired up and start to play some stuff from Skillet, the Cry Baby for some Disturbed, the flanger for various artist work and much much more. I have been jamming for almost 2 years now and will hopefully never buy another expression pedal except for having the one that comes on board a multi-effects processor. If this things gets jacked, I will beat the person over the head 'til I got it back. There only problem I have with it is the distortion, there's too much noise going through the amp with them enabled. I don't compare it with a lot of other products because it has a lot of features that other expression pedals don't have. This pedal would be better if it had the modulation effects the DigiTech RP processors have.

The pedal itself, as rich in sound as it is, is very durable. I would use this pedal in a gig with no backup. The pedal has a Solid Metal chassis that can stand up to anything you throw at it. There has been no other pedal from which I've seen anything tougher.

It's a bit difficult to get a good sound out of the pedal. But it is possible. The manual does a fantastic job of explaining the material although you have to read through it several times to get the information down. There is no firmware upgrade available.

K.vizol
    can you use A volume pedal as an expression pedal for tremolo,pitch blend etc??