GNX1 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: GNX1

Purchased from: Lockport Music Center

I used a variety of guitars and amps with this and was satisfied with everyone! guitars -(my very own custom) Ibanez RG321 left-handed -Austin ERA Special left-handed -First Act HBS -Ovation (doesn't say name on it) -Fender Squier Strat amps -Marshall AVT150 -Marshall G15MS -Danelectro Dirty 30 -Fender 15R frontman I tried every guitar with every amp. All sounded great. Everyonce in a while I got a "pffh" because my chord came loose, I hit it too hard (I use 2mm picks) or I was on the wrong pickup setting. The good thing about the GNX1 is that you have a pickup simulator that changes your Humbuckers to Single coils and the other way around (digitally not literally). It also has Wah, Pickup Simulation, Compression, Whammy, Intelligent Pitch Shifting, 3-band EQ with selectable mid and high frequencies, Noise Gate, Chorus, Flanger, Triggered Flanger, Phaser, Triggered Phaser, Tremolo, Panner, Rotary Speaker, Vibrato, YaYa, AutoYa, SynthTalk, Envelope Filter, Detuner, Pitch Shifter, Mono Delay, Analog Delay, Ping Pong Delay, Analog Pong Delay, and several different types of Reverb. It also has a "Learn-A-Lick" feature, which records up to 9 seconds of a selected song and position and slows it down to 7/8,6/8,5/8,1/2,3/4, or 1/4 it's original speed without shifting pitches. It's a great way to learn speedy solos and to decode those multiple effect sequences. You can make all of your favorite artists' tones and sounds. It has a built in drum Machine and a MIDI input/thru channel so you can download effects off the internet straight into the Machine. All the effects are clean and you can hear them to the exact extent of what you set them as. It has dual outputs, a stress release, MIDI in/through, and someother wholes in the back.

I play everything from acoustic emo stuff to hard core Shadows Fall and everything inbetween (except punk) and everything I play is complemented and improved by this marvelous pedal. It matched every style of playing and everytone. Every distortion and makes every night ring out. There are 16 amp models and 16 cabinet models with cabinet tuning and GeNetX technology so you can create a mix of every type of amp. You can add all the amps together and warp them to create you own tone and then warp that to another similar or completely different amp model. If I ever lost this pedal I would have to go out and buy another. If it was stolen I would find that person and kill them for stealing something so valuable. I love everything about this pedal, I wouldn't trade it for any other pedal, except maybe the higher versions. I just wish it had a little more pedals but that's my fault for not buying one of the other GNX's.

I take this everywhere with me and it goes through a lot. It's definitely durable. The wah pedal was disbled or broken when my brother (1 and a half years old) broke in my room and messed with it so I can't say much there. Dr. Pepper was spilt right on the part where the circuitry is, but it's built so tight, strong, and compact that it didn't seep in and destoy or mess with anything. I would take this one stage as I have. You don't need any backup pedals so throw them all away. Or sell them. The only thing wrong is the small solection of pedal space. There are 3 footswitches and if you're playing a song that needs more effects I would recommend the GNX2, 3, or 4.

It's exetremely easy to get the perfect sound. You can get millions of sounds. There are so many effects and distorion models, acoustic simulators, amp models, cabinet models, and every other aspect. Everything complements your sound and makes it sound even better than it already does. If it doesn't sound good, this will make it sound good. Everytime I plug it in I hit a chord and savor the sweet tone and rich, fat, and deep sound (my favorite distortion) but whatever you like is what you'll hear when you turned this on. If you have an idea in your head for a great effect or tone you can create it with this.