GNX1 review by DigiTech

• Reviewer's score: 6.3 Neat
DigiTech: GNX1

Purchased from: Neophreak

I use a Epiphone Les Paul Standard, a Epiphone SG, and an Epiphone Studio 15R. If you use the Noise gate there will be no noise. Someeffects like the Chorus are really weak but others like the delay are beautiful. I can get a really good David Guilmore sound out of the Solo Preset. I can also Get a good Vintage Hendrix Fuzz out of the fuzz preset.

I play a lot of classic rock/classic metal, so this thing matches me ok. I have been playing guitar a little under 6 years. This is the only effects board I own. I wish I would have asked what this board sounded like before I Bought it. If it were lost or Stolen I would probobly just move on without it and plug my guitar straight in to my amp. I love the delay, but I hate the chorus, flanger, and Phaser. They just sound really lo quality. My favorite feature is probobly the Delay controlls. I wish It had a Better selection of effets.

I really don't use a lot of efects so I really don't depend on this that much. If it went out on me on stage I would just plug my guitar straght in to the amp. I don't have a backup efects board so I do use this without a Backup. I can't really say I trust this thing to last for years to come, but for now it works for my style of music. I just wish it wasn't plastic footswitches.

It is pretty easy to get a good sound out of this thing right out of the box. Editing pathes can sometimes be a little confusing though. The manual doesn't really help much, but once you get the hang of it, It's ok. The Firmware version is 1.2 so no It hasn't been upgraded