GNX1 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: GNX1

I'm normally playing my Epiphone Les Paul Jnr > GNX1 > an old crappy Crate GX-15R. I get great sounds out of this setup though. This is my first experience with effect pedals, but I am happy. This pedal can go from heavy distortion to beautifully chorused cleans. I love it. The delay is great. The flanger is fun to use as it can go from a crazy spacey sound to a slight almost unnoticably watery sound. I play metal. (e.e. Children Of Bodom, Metallica, etc.) And this works for me well.

Overall this is a great product. If it were stolen I probably wouldn't buy it again mainly because it is kinda old and because I want to experiment with other brands of FX pedals (I'm fairly new to guitar 1 1/2 yrs). I would recommend this product to fellow guitarists.

I am not in a band currently and I haven't done any gigging. But if I was gonna play a show, I would bring the GNX1 without a backup. I did have some problems near the beginning of my "career" of using this product. It was turning off randomly. I fixed that by downloading a patch from the internet and syncing it via USB-MIDI cable (which cost some money). But it hasn't had any problems since then.

I got this product used from Guitar Center. There was no manual with it. I had to download it off the internet. But I read through parts of the manual and it really helped me. One thing that is really cool is that you can create presets without having to worry about overwriting already existing ones. There are 48 slots for Factory Presets. 48 slots for User Presets. The factory ones never change. But you can create user presets and erase them by just saving the factory ones over them. It took me a while to get used to this product but I am now very satisfied.