GNX1 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: GNX1

Purchased from: MusicStop

Kustom 100 Watt (Bass & Guitar) Amp, B.C. Rich Warlock Bronze Edition guitar. The only noise I really seem to be getting is on setting number one "hybrid." But I think you only seem to mostly get that with guitars the have the single coil pickups (Yes, I but in my bass to that too, was really noisy) but if you have humbuckers & double coils then noise will be reduced. Certain effects can sound weak at times, depending on your EQ's on amp and pedal, or your guitar tone, even the output level of everything. They can't always sound great, but, most of the time they do. It is very easy to get good sound out of favorite artists, my favorites are Boston, Metallica, Dream Theatre, and Scorpions. The effects all depend on HOW you set them, not just what effect it is, also, what gear (amps, guitars) you have it with. So certain effects can be very bad, in the middle, and very good.

I play a lot of heavy metal, hard rock, progressive rock/metal, and rock. This is a definite match to the music I play, it sounds great, and, you can even get some acoustic sounds on the pedal if you set it up right. I have been playing for just about two years now, I have a lot of exp. with pedals, guitars, bands, etc. And I am a pretty good guitarist, I have an ION guitar (I think it is a starter kit), a Peavey Milestone III Bass, and a Fender Gemini II acoustic guitar, and soon to be, an Epiphone Les Paul. The only thing I wish I had asked is "How do you change the alternate amp setting on the patches, like, when the light goes from red, to green, or yellow on some settings, etc." I would buy a GNX4 probably instead of this if this one got stolen, because I love this one, so the more recent versions must be better, especially going by some reviews I looked at. Compared to the Boss Metalcore, A lot better, a lot less noisy, more settings etc, and same with compared to the DigiTech Death Metal, but the Death Metal is a great pedal. And the DigiTech company is a lot better than Boss, Zoom, etc. I wish it had included an extension cord to make it go out farther.

I can depend on this amp for sure, it is a pretty heavy pedal but it seems to be pretty strong, as I have dropped it on the floor a few times (I am clumbsy sometimes.) The wah pedal built in moves easily, and that too, seems to be pretty durable, as long as your not totally reckless with it. I would gig it without a backup for sure, as long as I had extension cords to make sure it reaches where I am standing with the guitar. The only thing that ever seemed to go wrong, or, maybe, right, I am not quite sure, but: I used to be able to use the wah pedal without having to go the settings and select "wah on/wah off." Instead, I could just push it right up, put a bit of pressure on it and push forward, and then it would automatically turn the wah on or off. But, it doesn't do that anymore which sucks.

Great pedal to use. It does take a little bit of practise to learn how it works and how to edit everything, etc. but it is very easy to get a good sound from it, there's an EQ, different modes of distortion, delay, chorus, etc. Honestly I didn't really take time to actually read the manual, but it looks pretty good & helpful from what I saw. I am pretty sure my pedal has not been upgraded, as I have bought it used, the only thing changed was the patch settings, but, you can change them to how you like.

Corrado Peluso
    can anyone tell me where I can get my GNX1 fixed around Sydney. it powers up but I can't get any sound out
    Mistaa Man
    The latest installment to the GNX pedals might be your best bet though, but GNX1 is an awesome pedal
    JACKSONDnKY
    thanks for the in depth list of effects, its suprisingly hard to fing on the net im going to go get me one now. rock on everyone, thanks for all the help