GNX2 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: GNX2

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

I'm running this with a BC Rich M7 warlock special series and a Kustom Quad100dfx and you can get every sound you may looking for (metal distortions, cleans, choruses, Whammy pedal). You can get infinite tones from this thing there are too many things you can edit that I haven't used them all (I bought about a 1 1/2 year ago). One of the things I hate so much is the noise gate, shouts everything very well but when fading out it cuts the sustain suddenly. Another thing I hate is the wah is very weak and very simple but I almost never use it, I have my own wah (dime cry baby) before this pedal. And another last thing I hate is that when changing between patches there are a very short lap of silence, no big deal but for those songs that you need to change the effects quickly, it sucks!

I play mainly metal (In Flames, God Forbid, Killswitch Engage), some clean sounds and fits my purposes very well. I've been playing 4 years and this is my second multieffects pedal and is a very good improvement to my crappy plastic poorly manufactured Zoom 606, but I think there no perfect multieffects pedal, just search for the one that suits you. If it were stolen I would try something else like a Korg or a Boss. I love the distortions you can get from this thing with the amp models and stompboxes modeler heaven is the limit. I hate the noise gate and the V-switch that seems is no working anymore and some other features would make of this an excellent pedal. I bought this because when I saw it at the catalog I liked the features (Whammy pedal and stompboxes modeler) and was pretty cheap because it was a closeout. You may search for this product at eBay.

I would use it on a gig surely, it's a metal case and plastic pedals.

This thing is relative easy to use, but if you want your own tones, effects or distortions you will need to edit the patches. Editing patches is really easy but if you don't know what the hell is a chorus or phaser you better look somewhere else or try something smaller like a cheap Zoom.

westo
    I got this on ebay for $100 and i love it. plug it into a Fender 212R and its totally sweet