GNX3 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: GNX3

Purchased from: EBay

Using a Hamer SATF through a 5150 combo amp. The effects are good, but you have to edit the user presets to get the tones you really want. The effects really blend together, but all the the effects are really good.

I play many styles of music, and this unit helps get the sounds out for those styles. I've been playing for 12 years, and have owned Boss and DOD units. I like the drum sampler and the bass modeler, those are really cool features. The digital 8-track recorder is cool, but takes a while to figure out. I like the product, and would buy another one if this one was ripped off. Just a heads up- the GNX1 and GNX2 are really cool too, but you will kick yourself later if you dont go up to the GNX3.

When it works, yes! My unit has some problems from the factory and I am in the process of sending it back to DigiTech. It will be working fine, then all the effects will come on at once (in stompbox mode) and will have a horrible static/hissing sound that I could not get to go away. DigiTech's hotline has been real good about trying to resolve it so far. I plan to box it up and send it back. Hopefully I will get a new unit from them. Other than the intermittant static problem, it was sweet.

GNX3 with footswitch (Version 1.5). Tones and sounds are endless...really cool. The manual is decent, just a lot of material to go through.