GNX3 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: GNX3

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Like I said earlier there are 65 effects. Each has its distinct sound. There are some really really good effects, then there are some not so great ones but thats just my opinion. The pedal is fun to play with with effects like wah and such. Overall the sound is great.

This effects board is just great all around. It fits all types of music styles and is good for beginners and pros. Something I did not mention earlier is the 8 track recorder built in. This is sweet. There is a built in drum Machine to give you a basic beat to play along with. You can save your recorded song to a memory card (same kind as digital camera) and import the song to your computer. This thing is full of functions (many of which I probably haven't discovered). If youve got $350 to spend, I would recommend the GNX3.

Ive only had this since Christmas but I've had no problems so far. I have no reason to not trust this.

The first thing you will notice right out of the box is this things manual. Its huge. You might at some point want to read the manual. BUT, The GNX3 can easily be used right out of the box. I played with it for 3 days before even look at the manual. I would divide the EASY TO USE section into 2 parts. The beginners section and the pro section. First for the beginner: You should be able to plug it up and hack away. There are 65 preset effects. Have fun. For the pro: There are 65 preset effects. Thats great. But there are also 65 more slots for edit these effects and creating your own. This can be a daunting task creating your own effect (reverb, chorus, delay, equalizer). But you can create some pretty cool ones. I'd say overall it's easy to use.