GNX3 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: GNX3

I use mainly my Peavey Wolfgang Special>GNX3>Peavey 258 EFX (25watt). Great tone, studio-quality effects. Has great presets bank (includes tones of Eric Johnson, DLR-era Eddie Van Halen, Santana, among others), as well as many other great presets (vintage, metal, etc.) Of course, you can't expect to get every tone spot-on (from mags like Guitar World and Guitar One), but the tones are great, none-the-less.

I play mostly classic rock and blues. I would say this Machine is excellent for any genre of music. I wish I could've been given a guitar with strings that weren't dead to try it out, but, thank god, it was a great buy. If it were stolen/lost, I would compare other effects machines first, and see which one I'm more comfortable with, seeing as I more-or-less rushed this buy. I love just about everything about her. The only thing I would change is the default recording time (of about 20 seconds) to something like an hour or so (to get more than 20 sec. of recording, you have to purchase a memory card, along with a memory card reader to read the card for computer editing). I tried some Boss multi-effects processer, but loved the GNX3 because I could dail-in the tones from the song in the mags. The GNX3 offers complete freedom of the guitarist. I highly recommend this effects processor.

Lasts long, very strong (I thought I ruined it playing a gig at a backyard pool-party, nope). The only beef I have is the led display is very vague (at best) while in daylight (probably the case with all led displays).

Very easy to use, takes half an hour tops to get all the features down. A little complex, but easy once you get the hang of it. The manual covers just about everything you'll need to know, but the troubleshooting is a bit short, leaving you in the cold when lost. Features: - A monumental amount of 24-bit studio-quality effects (distortion, reverb, delay, modulation, talk box, Pick up simulator, up to 11 at a time.) - Amp/Cab modeling, choice of over 16 amps (Fender Twin Reverb, Mesa Stack, etc.) - Stombox modeling, choice of over 8 different stompers (Boss DS-1, Metal Distortion, Tubescreamer, etc.) - Assignable expression pedal (a nice, sturdy pedal, unlike the RP series), includes Wah, Whammy, Volume, etc. - Built-in 8-track recorder (requires Smartmedia card for over 20 seconds of recording time and for processor-computer music transfer), comes with Cakewalk recording program, enables looping - Drum Machine (pretty good quality, choice of tempo and over 10 different styles) - Learn-a-Lick (haven't tried it myself), enables you to hook up your CD player and slows down the desired lick you want to learn - I know I'm forgetting something.