GNX3 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: GNX3

It is all very digitally perfect. Very clear, but the highs and lows are hard to adjust. it always seem the highs are to loud and I always have to adjust more and more every time I play somewhere. that is probably just personnel preference. I mainly use a Allen And Heath GL 2000 Board with four community speakers (not sure on exact # but it's CP 15 or something) and three community wedge monitors. I was able to mimick almost to a "T" the sound settings for Linkin Park's "Hit The Floor". Also I found it easy to Crank it up a notch with the FUSSOLO setting or solo settings though was hard to control. the preset backrounds are boring but good for practicing solos and such. Some of the Sounds are very "digital" while other are very Vintage. the amp presets are stunning but the readout screeen can be tough to understand with all it's abbreviations. the Chorusses and Distortion mixes are good while the delay and Reverbs are not so good. delays seem to bee complety wrong for any rythm besides 6/16. the left output is the only one that works for a sound sytem unless you use both at the same time.

I play a lot of clean to distorted songs and I find it difficult to keep a constant volume or the volumes that I prefer. The cleans always seem louder or more full than the distorted sound effects. It has worked out alright for me. And would be great for either the heaviest of styles or the more acouticy type of styles.

This thing has played in rain and 36 degree garages and outdoor concerts and their has not had a single querque. A great buy and will last a long time. I would use this thing with out a worry. Unless it's a poor system then I might bring a different set up.

I love my new GNX3 workstation from DigiTech. I was able to use it within a minute of opening it. I was able to figure out how to adjust almost everyting within the first half an hour playing it. I still have trouble working the multi-track recorder. it works great and is easy to use. the manual isn't very good, it just tells you what it has and not how to use it. I still cannot figure out how to or if I even can edit the preset numbering so I can Switch through to my next effect easier and more quickly.

stromdid18
    Definetly get this the boss is just like getting the GNX4 not really needed but but more expensive the GNX is way more easy to use and is lighter
    scott91
    hey guys i need some advice. im either going get the digitech gnx3000. or the digitech gnx3. but im tore between the two does anyone have any advise on which to get ? cheers
    Smithsc
    this thing is awesome, ive had it for about 3 years and i love recording with it!
    Obama FTW
    Im thinking of getting this, but the user rating is so low. Why? It looks pretty good, i might be able to get it for 160$. Is this a good deal?
    rebel03
    i've got this but for some reason my expression pedal will only turn wah on and off i can't set it to do any thing else. i need advise
    7guitarist7
    should i get this or a boss me-25? im looking at sound quality, reliability, and what works best live, both have all the effects i need and i can get either one for the same price. and im good with creating effects, i have used a few digitech processors, a zoom,a couple boss, and behringer, so i dont care how hard it is to make sounds.
    mozartwannabe
    Soon after I purchased this product, I had a flood in my basement where all my guitar stuff was set up. This unit was immersed in dirty brown ground water for more than 24 hours before I discovered this disaster. I picked it up and held it sideways to let all the water drain and amazingly there isn't a single function on this thing that doesn't work. Every LED, every pedal and effect, you name it - it works perfectly after all this time. A very versatile and tough product that has taken a beating and keeps on goin'. Great sound and lots of features to play with. I would recommend it to anyone.