GNX3000 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: GNX3000

Purchased from: music123

My setup includes my very sexy Epiphone Les Paul Custom and my less interesting Crate gt30. I couldn't really ask for a better sound, and you cazn pretty much play anything, although I mostly play metal. Some of the clean settings are absolutley amazing, clean actually means clean. when ur not playing anything there is a complete silence, no noise what so ever. One downfall is the wah, I agree with the guy above, it's not quite what I expected. I've spent a lot of time tweaking it and it's alright but nearly as good as if you were to buy a seperate wah pedal. The distortion in this thing unfreakinbelievable. It just sounds so good, and I also love the dimebag effect. overall a great sounding pedal.

Mostly I only play metal but every now and then I like to throw in some blues or classic rock, the possibilites are endless with this pedal. I've been playing for about 3 years and I practice enormous amounts of time everyday, and this pedals just makes to so much more enjoyable. One of my most favourite features is the recording programs that come with the purchase. It is very easy to use and mixing and exporting it to a different format is also easy. other than that this pedal is extremley worth the value I paid, which is canadian, so that's pretty cheap. One thing that I wish it had was an on board reacording system like the GNX4, because everytime I want to record something I have to bring all my gear downstairs.

For as long as I've owned it I've never had any sort of problem. I haven't played a gig using it persay, but I've played with it at my friends partys, and it always works great. It made of some sort of metal but the actual pedals platic, however that doesnt't mean there not durable. There have been many times that I've stomped pretty damn hard and it's still perfect. So overall I can defenitley depend on it, very reliable.

I've had this pedal for about 4 months now, and I still absolutley love it. Some of the effects aren't the greatest but it is very easy to tweak them how ever you prefer. One thing that I thought might be confusing was the recording, but it took me less than 25 mins to install it and figure out how to use. And if there is anything you need to know the manual is a huge help, it has anything you could possibly need to know about how to work it.