GNX3000 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: GNX3000

Purchased from: Ebay

I am using a Fender Twin Reverb and my guitars are a Gibson Zakk Wylde with PAF pickups (sorry not into the active thing), a Floyd Rose DSOT-2, a Fender Strat MIJ, a Kramer Striker with Lace Sensors and a no-name 24-fret guitar with EMG HZs. I observe that no matter which guitar I use, the GNX3000 handles it without any difficulty. As I have said the effects are not so great (comparing to Zoom's) but hey, DigiTech is also a good company. One thing I don't like with the GNX3000 is it's kinda trebly (using the AMP CH2 for my patches) and also the Delay effect sounds confusing sometimes so I choose to turn it off.

I play mostly classic rock and I miss the sound of Deep Purple, Black Sabbath and other Hard Rock gurus with this thing. I just can't get the tone/bass balance I am trying to achieve up to this time. Maybe somebody could help me. I would say I played half my life and I'm 42 now. I would definitely buy it again for being a DigiTech product but if I only have 300 dollars in my pocket and the choice is only between a GNX3000 and a Zoom GFX5, I'll get the latter.

I never tried dropping it as I did my Zoom GFX5 (accidentally of course). It has steel casing but I don't know if it can withstand rugged handling. Judging from the steel casing, I believe it would be reliable but I still have to know it better. I won't risk going to a gig at this point without a backup.

Tweaking the GNX3000 was peanuts because I own several multi effects units. It took me three minutes to make this baby scream. I only browsed the manual for a brief moment then cranked on it. The patches were easy to edit but I wish they put in more stompbox effects as my GFX5.