GNX3000 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: GNX3000

Purchased from: sam ash

I use an Epiphone Les Paul Custom, ltd EC200, ibanex sound gear guitar and bass. I run synths through the line ins and shure mics. The best thing is that I use all of these things with the pedal with fantastic results. The pedal is not noisy at all and has effective noise reduction options for patches with lots of gain. The effects are fantastic. The amp modelling is impressive and very flexible. My only complaint is the delay but truth be told, I just don't like delay to begin with. The stomp box emulations are dead on. I did an A/B comparison between this pedals bigg muff and an actual big muff and could not tell a differance. every pedal emulated also has the same controls as the pedal being emulated. this means that the big muff has gain, sustain, tone and volume controls. I have succesfully emulated tones from all my favoraite artists such as Tool, Nine Inch Nails, Rob Zombie, depech mode, a perfect circle, stabbing westward.

This thing will suite you well for any style imaginable. I would replace it ASAP if anything happened to it. I have had it for over a year and it is probably the best purchase I have made. I was torn between this unit and the Zoom GT9.1TT (sic) but I chose this one because of it's far more flexible audio interface for audio recording applications. As an audio interface alone it is worth every penny. Add incredible amp modeling and flexible effects and you have a serious winner. If I could change any one thing, it would be the time it takes to Switch patches. It really is dismall but again, with the flexible performance mode, you will hardly care.

this thing is built like a tank. I feel confident using it with a backup, but I have a Zoom pedal as back up anyway. The grip on the bottom of the unit is solid and will not slip. Something a little strange is that on some patches, if you go into the tuner, the pedal will not out put until you switch to a different patch. I have grown used to it but it is irratating somethimes.

Editing is rather straight forward, very little menu diving. Most parameters can be adjusted with one of the dials and a two way button selector to choose the parameter to edit. Some of the deeper adjustments (line out, usb out, recording volume etc) take just a little more menu diving but nothing crazy like editing an Alesis quadra synth. The pedal has three different performance modes. In one, the stomp buttons each select a patch. The switch time between patch changes is pathetic to say the least but the next mode makes it a moot point. the second mode is performance mode. In this mode every stomp button turns on/off parameters and amp channels. It is a little wordy to explain but suffice it to say that swithing patches will likely not be necessary for most applications in this mode. The third is recording mode in which the stomp buttons start and stop recoding, drums, and tempo. It is usefull but I prefer just having a band mate control that on a pc. As an audio interface it is stellar. It has a guiar input, mic input, two line inputs, two line outputs, MIDI in/out and two xlr outputs. Usb out. You will not miss the dedicated recorder of the GNX4 or GNX3.