GNX3000 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: GNX3000

Purchased from: -

My setup varies depending on what situation I'm in, but I play a Standard Mexican Strat through it into a Marshall AVT50, a Vox Pathfinder 15R and my computer speakers. The sound you get out of it actually depends mainly on your speaker quality. However, the higher the gain you have on it, the sloppier it gets (besides the obvious, but it is way too noticeable). Also, if you're a super metal freak and you love high-gain, super-beastly tones, buy individual stompboxes. The rest of the effects are actually quite decent for a multi-effects pedal. Actually, the wah is kinda mediocre and I don't exactly enjoy listening to it. Looking on the Internet is also a great way to get your favourite artists' tones. If you're a big Rush fan like me, buy this thing, because it's perfect for stuff like that. Also, DO NOT PUT THIS DIRECTLY INTO YOUR AMP'S GUITAR INPUT, BECAUSE IT SOUNDS ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE, use the FX loop or CD input instead.

I play a wide variety of music and have been playing guitar for a good 6-7 years. If it were stolen, I probably wouldn't buy another because it's a little pricey for what you're actually getting. One thing I love about it is it's versatility. Another is that it is a GREAT recording Tool. However, the only thing I actually despise about the GNX3000 is that it cuts out when changing presets or amp channels in the presets. The thing I wish it had would be better wah effects because you can really get better quality for that. If you've got the money and patience to get it working properly, I *doubt* that you will regret buying this great Tool.

One thing that definitely catches my attention is the fact that this thing is almost indestructible. Honestly, you could drop this on pavement from a good ten feet with it probably still intact and in working order (I would not recommend trying this). Regardless, it won't give out on you unless it's your fault in the first place (like kicking the power cord, try to not do that because it sucks).

Even though at first glance this looks like a real job to get going, it really is quite user-friendly. Getting a good sound out of it is relatively easy when you know what you're doing, however if not, it'll sound like junk, which is exactly what I did. Editing patches is easy to do especially with the X-Edit software which comes with it (along with ProTracks Plus 2.2). Unfortunately, the manual is over a hundred pages long, so if you're like me in the sense that the first thing you think when you might see this is "Screw that," then you'll probably be alright with the GNX3000 regardless. Skim over it if need be, but you don't exactly need to read the manual at all.

wilfrobles
    Hi; Can DigiTech GNX3000 Workstation stops and plays any recorded song's track I want, in order for me to play it live instead. This has been braking my brain 2 months now. If not, what device can do it. Extremely appreciated; Thanks and God bless; Willy
    notryt
    Latency my *ss you change the patch the sound is gonna change.. latency or not...its brief.. and unless you are recording its not worth complaining about