GNX4 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: GNX4

Purchased from: musiciansfriend

This thing works for guitar and bass and has a wide variety of sounds and effects for each. The bass amp models sound a lot better than I expected them too. I'm using a Jackson Dinky guitar and Fender 57 P-Bass and they sound amazing played through this. The only effect I have a problem with is the wah-wah. It's the only effect that sounds kind of weak and digital. If I had some extra cash I would consider purchasing a seperate wah pedal.

I play mostly rock style music and some harder music such as "Taking Back Sunday" and "Story Of The Year." I've been playing for 4 years and this is the best effects pedal I have owned/used/borrowed. The only thing I wish I had looked into before buying this was making sure it came with a flash card. I love everything about this and my favorite feature is having the choice of ten distortion stompboxes. I compared this to the Vox Tonelab, the Pod Live, and the GNX3 but this one tops all. If it were stolen I would deffinitly buy another one.

I have yet to use it in a live situation or knock it around very much but this thing is solid. I have dropped it once and nothing happened, it didn't even turn off and there wasn't a mark on it. It weighs 17 pounds so it's not going anywhere once you put it down.

This thing is amazing. The 80 presets are great. They don't sound digital and they offer a huge variety of sound. It sounds even better however when you start editing and tweaking the presets to your preference. Editing presets couldn't be easier. You don't have to read the manual but it's a good idea because there's so much you can do. The manual is easy to understand and is very thurough. The drum Machine has hundreds of possible combinations and sounds very good. I haven't gotten to use the digital recorder yet because it doesn't come with a flash card and these can be expensive.