GNX4 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: GNX4

My current setup is an Ibanez RG470 guitar, with an X2N in the bridge, a Fender red lace sensor in the middle and a very good clean sounding pickup in the neck. Now when I got this pedal my amp was a Peavey Rage 158, and it was loud and twangy on a few settings, but then I got a Peavey Rage Bandit 112 and it sounds so much better. This pedal already has a few artist sounds: Randy Rhodes, EVH, SRV, Angus Young, Carlos Santana, Brian May (Queen) Eric Johnson, and Pat Martino. I think all the effects are great, and always have a fantastic sound. The drum Machine is unbelievable, and the bass guitar sounds awesome.

I play mainly blues, classic rock, and hardrock. This pedal will suite everything, metal, rock, blues, punk, and all you have to do is go to different patches to achieve the sounds. I have been playing for almost 3 years, and I used to own a DigiTech RP100, needless to say this was a huge upgrade. If it were stolen or lost, I would be very very angry, because it's not cheap to get one of these. It's got everthing I will ever need, and it does not sound digital. It would be hard to think of something I wish it had, because it has everything.

Well, I have recorded about 12 of my own songs, full with 2 guitars, drums, and bass, but I have no band, so I have never used this thing live, or really rarely taken it out of my room. Its quite heavy, so its not going to move unless you realy put some force into it. I would use it in the gig without any other pedals, because its got everything I need in it, when I go for a solo I can slap on the harmonizer, delay and chorus pedal, and just go crazy. It's quite unbelievable.

Well let me first start off by saying this thing is freaking sweet. When I bought it, I was worried about it sound too digital, but no way, this thing sounds natural to me. If you have ever used a DigiTech processor before, you know how easy it is to edit the patches, if you have not ever used a DigiTech processor before, its still super easy to figure out. The 8 track recorder is also very very simple to use once you get the hang of it, it does take some time to set up and get used to when you first use it. The manual is rather thick, but it explains everything in and out in it, so its very very helpful, I have used it many times.