GNX4 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: GNX4

I run it trough my 72' Fender Telecaster Custom and my 230 watt Marshall amp. It sounds best on the clean channel. I have only tested it once at band practice. It responds well at high volumes. The acoustic guitar modeling is not very good, but it has 10 classic distortion stomboxes including (but not limited to), Grunge, Fuzz Face, Big Muff, Sparkle Drive. It also has endless amp modeling. You would think it sounds digital, but it doesn't. And one of my favorite features is the 8 track built in recorder. I absolutely love it. I can also go on the internet and download songs from my favorite artist (Led Zeppelin, Ten Years After).

I play many different types of music, mostly blues and rock, and this device is perfect for it. I've been playing for 5 years and this is my favorite piece of equipment. If it were stolen (I wouldn't lose it) I would work my but off 'till I got enough money to buy a new one. My favorite feature is probably the 8 track recorder. I would highly recomend you get one.

I have not had any probelms so far. I cannot aford another one so I have to use it without a backup.

When I bought the DigiTech GNX4 in December of 2005, I immediatly took it home and got it out of the box. At first it was a little overwhelming. There were so many features and different patches. After 1 month I have learned a lot about it and I'm able to get an excellent sound out of it. I really don't edit the patches much because there are so many with so many different sounds that are so perfect. If I want to I can get on DigiTech. com and download tones for endless songs. The manual (or bible) is essiential for this piece of equipment. It can be wordy at times but is easy to understand. I've only had it for about a month, so I've not been able to update the software but I understand it is pretty easy.