GNX4 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: GNX4

Purchased from: Was a gift.

I use it mainly with an Ibanez as it is extremely versatile. I think you could use this with anything and still get the great tone, so get this and a guitar that suits your playing and there you go. The effects always sound great, I love the variety you can use. Nailing the sound of your favourite artists will be a breeze, especially if you read Guitar World/Guitar One as you can download patches for songs transcribed in it. I love the Zakk Wylde tone, the Vai one, the Slash one, the Batio one. It goes on. The cleans are amazing as well. It emulates just about every major pedal (Crybaby, Tubescreamer it goes on), definitely worth it.

I play everything, metal to classical. It's just the pedal for guitarists. It could do anything I think. I have been playing near 2 years but have learn a hell of a lot about gear and playing. I own lots of gear due to my family all playing. If someone stole this I would eat them. I would buy it again, it's just a bloody lot of money I think. I love it, I used to have an RP80, and was telling my friend, with that you sound like the artist, with this you are the artist. Extremely convincing patches and you can record songs! Drum Machine is also very useful, helps the timing. It blows away all multi effects pedals, end of. I was shocked to see no Steve Vai setting as standard though, or a Morley Power Wah, but I can live with it. Still 10! Now go rock my pretties!

It is built like a tank. Would not need back up for a gig. I think you could take this to war.

It is extremely easy to get a good sound out of, no effort required. Plug your guitar in and crank it up, and you have one, no doubt. Editing patches is a little difficult and some of the terminology is a lil complicated, but plug it into your USB and editing becomes seriously easy as you can download patches and edit them on screen. The manual rivals the dictionary in size but is very useful, a lot of it you can work out yourself. My unit is yet to be upgraded for firmware as it seems a bit unneccessary and I don't want to risk anything.

fcuk
    digitech all the way its better and it has more of a variety