GNX4 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: GNX4

Price paid: € 300

I have no idea if there is existing any effect which is not included in the GNX 4. Plus you can record! Again, distortion is just good for 30watt homework, but not for a "really good" sound on stage. The pedal, delay, reverb, noise gate, compressor, amp modeling, whammy, detune, pitch, talkbox (yes, mic input/output available) are absolutely recommandable in my opinion (also for stage). I'm using Ibanez SZ 400 Eur and little Kustom 30w at home, a 100w Engl Tube anywhere else (bandroom/stage).

I like varios music styles. (e.g. bob marley/metallica/rage against the machine/ hendrix/ nofx). In my opinion you can use it for reggea/ metal/ grunge/ rock/ alternative/ funk and many other. There were no questions when I bought it, because you can see every nice effect on the board. there are 3 modes (presets/STOMPBOX you will need/Record). RESULT: you can easily define and try out Delay, Reverb, Whammy, Chorus, Flanger, Vibrato and many other "special effects" PLUS Recording ca. 30mins! Unfortunately the Lead-channel of your amp should and will be the first choice for distortion. I happy with it! Would buy it again!

A huge step from the DigiTech RP80 I used before. I think it is more reliable and durable because there are better knobs than these plastic knobs on RP80 :) It's ok for this price but maybe unfortunately not the best I can imagine.. I get it a half year ago thats why I dont have much experience, but I bought it used and it seems like the first owner used it long and lot without any looses of quality!

You need a few days to get along with it, because there are many knobs for detailed settings. But after that you are able to create nearly every sound you like to. Transfer via USB takes a lot of time, but if you are able to record your ideas you are ok with it. The Wah pedal is good, but not a professional. That fits for the sound of distortion, too. If you wanna have the best you can get, this isn't it. But! For this price, for a beginner or semi-pro it is the best decision you can make!