GNX4 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: GNX4

When I first got it it was ok. A lot of the patches were useless to me. They had 10 or 12 that I could use, but most of them wasn't that impressive. NOW! I bought the mfx supermodels and downloaded them and it opened this bad boy up. Unbelievable amp models. I am hard pressed to fine a tube head that sounds better! I figured if I found 2 or 3 distortion patches and the same on clean it would be worth it, but I was floored by the sounds this guy figured out on hear. Diezel, Marshall, Engl, Budda, you name it and all was balls on and better than you could ever imagine. Now when I first downloaded them they sucked. I took out all the fx and put my own. I tweaked the parameters a bit (I run thru the head of a tube amp) I had to take the amp sim and the cab sim off but as I re saved it new it changed it where I could put the amp and cab sims back on for added tone and it was one of the best tones I ever heard! Bold statement I know. My main rig is a mesa dual rec paired with a 333XL, so I live the tube life and I am putting it thru a tube head. The fx are good too. The gate is one of the best I've played. I play hard and heavy so I keep it on 93 loud and 63 on low. I would recommend it to anyone that need great tone at a great price. I would rate it a 10, but it takes a lot of tweaking BUT WELL WORTH IT!

I would replace it 199 times! I been playing for 25+ yrs and I have been thru some equipment. I know a lot about a lot and this is one bad ass unit. I wish it came stock with the supermodels tweaked. I promise it wouldn't be discontinued! Ppl what to just plug in and sound good. To lazy to tweak I guess? I love to tweak! I am looking for a 2nd one to buy in case this one messes up I will have one while my main one is being fixed.

I've HAD IT FOR OVER A YEAR and it was old when I got it so I say it rugged, plus if it breaks send it in and they fix it for a flat rate of $80 usd no matter what's wrong! Beat that?

It's a bit hairy to tweak! You really need to follow the manual but I did it without one and it took me a few months, but I when thru the regular and the mfx supermodels too so?

haandruss
    There is a 3rd party provider that has glorious patches. How do you get Xedit to work on Windows 7? I've tried XP compatibility mode and still have problems with the USB Midi drivers being recognized. Without Xedit it's impossibly tedious to tweak patches.