Grunge review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Grunge

Purchased from: Guitar Center: Foolthill

I'm using a Epiphone Goth 1958 Flying V and a Crate XT15R amplifier. It isnt noisy at all unless you turn up all four knobs to the max. And even then it has a slight hum and thats all. (keep in mind the cables your using may attribute to the noise factor.) The effects are never weak they always sound as good as they did the first time I took it out of the box. You get some great sounds out of it. Some like "Slither" by Velvet Revolver. And "I Fell Asleep On my Arm" by The Aquabats. This is a single effect pedal set for heavy grind distotion and it does its job excelently.

I like rock and some metal. This pedal is the definition of rock. I've been playing almost a year now. I also own an Epiphone 1958 Flying V, a Squier Strat, a Fender 15 Frontman, and a Crate XT15R amp. There isn't anything I wish I had asked when I bought it except maybe "wheres the bathroom?" cuz I had to pee really bad when I bought it. It it were lost or stolen I'd most definitely buy another. Or I'd buy a DigiTech Death Metal: Lethal Distotion Pedal. I love evreything about it. It has pefect sound. My favorite feature is how it has such a wide range. I can set it for a little bit of distotion or enough to melt the walls and break the windows of my house. I compared it to a few Boss pedals and the DigiTech Death Metal. I chose this one because it has the exact sound I want in a pedal. Also the Death Metal was realy nice it was a really tough call but this one is $10.00 cheaper so I went with this one.

I can definitely depend on it. I wouldn't even consider bringing a backup. All I would bring is an extra 9 volt battery.

As long as it's plugged in and on it's got great sound. It has a manual but anyone who's gotten passed the 2nd grade can figure it out. I dont know the firmware number and it hasnt been upgraded because its brand new.