Grunge review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Grunge

Purchased from: Guitar Center (Buffalo)

I use a Custom RG321 and Austin ERA special through it the most and it's in a chain with a Boss DS-1 and a GNX 1 running into a Marshall AVT150. It's virtually noiseless you can get a little hum out of it at high levels but it's none of that really loud annoying buzzing. The pedal kind of adds volume to your guitar. I equilized it to the clean tone of my guitar and the volume is on 2, so 10 is pretty loud and powerful. And you can tell it's a real distortoin the mutes, solos, rhythms and everything sounds great, not fake.

I play exactly what it suggests Grunge. I'm not into playing other band's stuff just in my own band. We play some Nirvana, Mudhoney, and Alice In Chains and it fits in perfectly. DigiTech does a great job on their pedals. I spent an hour or so at Guitar Center just going through all of the DigiTech and Boss Pedals, the Grunge pedal is the one that I found to match my style the best. I own a Boss DS-1 and they go great together (not at the same exact time).

I'd depend on it anywhere. I'd take it on stage (and I have) without a backup. It's like 3 pounds because it's made of pure steel or some fancy name. It's heavy duty and tough. The corner hits up against the side of the GNX 1 a lot and the paint chips pretty easy but that's nothing some clear nail polish can't help.

Their's a "low" knob for the bass, a "high" knob for the treble, and a "Grunge" knob for the distortion. It's pretty easy to get a good sound, pretty much no matter what you dial in it, it gives a good soud.