Grunge review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Grunge

I use it with a stock Ibanez Artcore AM57 and a stock Crate GLX65. It isn't a very noisy pedal at all. The distortion on this amp is really great. You can get really good sustain if you turn the gain "Grunge" up quite a bit. It's very easy to get a volume boost when you use this. I use mine about 1/4 of the way up and I still get a little volume boost from the clean setting. Be careful with the volume setting though even the littlest movement will make a big change in volume!

I play anything from classic rock to metal and this can cover most of it except the lighter classic rock. I have been playing guitar for around 2 years. I also own a Fender Duo Sonic and a DigiTech RP200A. If somebody stole this I would be very sad and definitly buy a new one. No other pedal has the same sound as this. I love this pedals paintjob and the cabinent emulation. The cabinent emulation output isnt the greatest but its cool to use sometimes if you want a different sound. The things I don't like are that there is no midrange knob and the gain knob only turns the gain down a little bit. If it went down more it would be much more versatile.

This thing weighs a lot and feels pretty durable. I've only had it for a few months but nothing is wrong with it. It still looks like the day I bought it. I would definitly gig with it without a backup.

Getting a great sound is really really easy. The DigiTech website www.DigiTech.com has some cool patches to get you strted and it has sound previews. Usually the previews don't sound like the product that much but when I got the pedal I was really surprised. It sounds amazing, better then my buddys Boss Mega Distortion. Your probly saying how? Digitechs are digital they can't compare to an analog distortion such as the mega distortion. Well the Grunge is analog!